another scratch question - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by crash6882, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 833 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

another scratch question

I have scratches on my truck which i just cannot get out. I've washed and polished the truck 2 times. the polish just does not want to get rid of these scratches. i think that they might be into the clear coat. is there anyway to get rid of these scratches without having to repaint the whole truck. I don't want to repaint due to the fact that i have custom painted barbed wire (not my idea) going down the truck. any suggestions??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Detailing Devil Dog

First of all, post the name and model of the buffer you are using. Is it a rotary or dual action buffer? Secondly, post the name of the compound that you are using to get rid of the scratches and swirls. I bet the problem is a combination of the equipment and compound that you are using, along with your technique.

If I can get rid of the scratches that I did in this thread, anything is possible with the right equipment and know how. Also, take a look at this thread. I don't recommend that you go sanding on your ride at all but I do want you to see that for someone who knows what they are doing, painting is only the extreme way to fix your problem. Most likely, that is not necessary.

The information that you are looking for has been addressed and is on the first page of the detailing section on this forum. All you hve to do is read it. :

"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

Last edited by Junkman2008; 04-13-2009 at 10:04 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 04:15 PM

Garage
Like Junkman said. I've seen some very nasty scratches come out with the right equipment and product combo. It's not something that you can't handle.

Post up some pix if you can.

2005 Ford F350 dually sb, wrapped in Black
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 09:25 PM

Ive seen lots of scratches come through our shop that need repainting that people thought they could "detail" their way out but ended up going too far through the clear. Please be careful and very patient when you attempt this . Not all scratches will come out.

'04 6.0, 4.5" lift, straight piped, SCT tunes by Innovative Diesel, studded, coolant filter, EGR delete Tru track in the rear, sounds by JL audio some other odds and ends
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Detailing Devil Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsn View Post
Ive seen lots of scratches come through our shop that need repainting that people thought they could "detail" their way out but ended up going too far through the clear. Please be careful and very patient when you attempt this . Not all scratches will come out.
I cannot agree with you more. Sound advice.

"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode