I've been giving some thought to, once I get practiced with the Porter-Cable 7424 XP I have on order and the Adams
goodies that came yesterday, starting up a mobile auto detailing business but I'm unsure what to charge. It's a niche that isn't filled on base here since town is ~8 miles away and it would kill me to pay a bunch of money to have my vehicle detailed there and then smack a bunch of bugs on the ride home. I asked one of the detail shops downtown if they had a price list I could take, w/o saying why, but all they gave me was "what we charge depends on how much work needs to be done" so I left.
So, given that background, does anyone have a price listing for what might be reasonable amounts to ask for at-your-house detailing--I figure on breaking the services out something like this:
1) Basic hand-wash/wax
2) Interior cleaning/protectant
3) Full exterior treatment (claybar, polish, wash/wax)
4) Tire/wheel detail (not just hosing them off in #1)
5) Everything--exterior, interior, tire/wheels
6) Extra services to include: headlight polish (for hazed/scratched headlights), scratch/swirl repair (for really trashed paint), etc...