Detailing price list? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jvencius, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 1065 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Detailing price list?

I've been giving some thought to, once I get practiced with the Porter-Cable 7424 XP I have on order and the Adams goodies that came yesterday, starting up a mobile auto detailing business but I'm unsure what to charge. It's a niche that isn't filled on base here since town is ~8 miles away and it would kill me to pay a bunch of money to have my vehicle detailed there and then smack a bunch of bugs on the ride home. I asked one of the detail shops downtown if they had a price list I could take, w/o saying why, but all they gave me was "what we charge depends on how much work needs to be done" so I left.

So, given that background, does anyone have a price listing for what might be reasonable amounts to ask for at-your-house detailing--I figure on breaking the services out something like this:

1) Basic hand-wash/wax

2) Interior cleaning/protectant

3) Full exterior treatment (claybar, polish, wash/wax)

4) Tire/wheel detail (not just hosing them off in #1)

5) Everything--exterior, interior, tire/wheels

6) Extra services to include: headlight polish (for hazed/scratched headlights), scratch/swirl repair (for really trashed paint), etc...

2K2 F350 PSD/ZF6, Fluidampr/Melling LPOP, AirDog/ITP RR, DP F5, Tymar/high-flow outlet/MBRP 4", Dynatrac Free-Spin hub conversion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 03:02 AM

I would suggest you get several local shops to give you a written estimate for your truck.

I might even consider having a couple of them actually detail a vehicle or two to see how they do and know your competition.

Prices for you area are going to depend on the stability of the market, the availability of the service you want to provide, and how much of a perceived need there is for your service.

It's hard to suggest what those are going to go for without know more about your area.

Around here (Upstate SC) prices vary wildly from $15 for a basic wash/wax to over $1K for everything, including wet sanding, etc. There are a couple here who can make a vehicle look concourse ready for about $400 and others I wouldn't let clean my wife's 10 yr old minivan for half that.

The two most successful local detailing businesses operate under very different plans. One is high visibility location where people come to him, although he does offer pickup service as well. His personal vehicles have his company signs - think black Corvette Z06 and a 5-series BMW that always look perfect.

The other employs over 40 people and travels to the customer. From talking with them, they are both constantly booked solid over a week in advance.

There's a small-time guy who rents a small building in the parking lot of an automated car wash and he's booked 2 weeks solid for the last 4 years. He's about $4-500 for a full-size truck.

prt

'99 F250 X-cab 2wd