Interior cleaning and Protection - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by StrokerDude, this thread has received 16 replies and been viewed 2259 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Interior cleaning and Protection

I want some info on the the best way and best product(s) to clean the seats and carpet of my truck. I want to get it back to looking like it would at the car lot. My seats are starting to look dirty and just vaccuming the dust out ain't gonna be enough.

I also want to know what the best product is for protecting the interior from future stains/dirtiness. Something like scotchguard for example, I would rather not use scotchguard unless it smells a ton better than it used to, there has to be something better anyway. I am gonn look on the Adam's site and see what they have, if I find something before anything gets posted I will post back up with that info for others that may be interested.

Alex C.

R.I.P. 2006 F-250 CC SB Fx4. w/ 500 RWHP *stolen 7/15/2010*

1990 F350 CCLB 4x4 -- 24V Cummins, 200hp DDP's, SuperB over S475-sx3, Cam and valvesprings, Spe-rite Convertor, Billet input.

www.JeffersonStateDiesel.com --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

Singles Club # 182 - B.O.M.B Squad # 14 - American Club #23
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Didn't really find anything on Adam's site...

Something I found... Anybody have any thoughts? http://www.ultra-guard.com/store.htm

And apparently Scotchguard has something better now that doesn't reak... http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...o-It-Yourself/

Alex C.

1990 F350 CCLB 4x4 -- 24V Cummins, 200hp DDP's, SuperB over S475-sx3, Cam and valvesprings, Spe-rite Convertor, Billet input.

www.JeffersonStateDiesel.com --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

Last edited by StrokerDude; 12-26-2008 at 11:22 PM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 04:31 AM

Garage
Did you see the Adams Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner? It's a non-toxic, non-allergenic cleaner containing no soap and will not create suds, yet it removes spots and dirt from your floor mats, carpeted areas and fabric upholstery.. The lack of soap residue cuts down on the amount of dust that is trapped on the fabric.

It's not like Scotchguard. It is more of a maintenance type of product.. Cleans it up and keeps it clean.

Good luck with your cleaning...

2005 Ford F350 dually sb, wrapped in Black
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitelord View Post
Did you see the Adams Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner? It's a non-toxic, non-allergenic cleaner containing no soap and will not create suds, yet it removes spots and dirt from your floor mats, carpeted areas and fabric upholstery.. The lack of soap residue cuts down on the amount of dust that is trapped on the fabric.

It's not like Scotchguard. It is more of a maintenance type of product.. Cleans it up and keeps it clean.

Good luck with your cleaning...
Which product are you saying keeps it clean, yours? Do you guys have something that is a protectant? I am interested in that too.
As far as dirtiness goes, my interior isn't too bad, but startin to get to me. The seats look stained because of water (I can't believe water does this to these!!!). Will your carpet and upholstery cleaner make the interior look like it did when I bought the truck (I did buy it used, at a lot 6K miles ago), or would I be better off having the interior professionally cleaned? If I can get great results doin it myself I would much rather do that.

Alex C.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 07:26 PM

Garage
Leather, plastic, rubber & vinyl surfaces - Leather & Interior Cleaner
Cloth and carpeted surfaces - Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

As I said, it is not a Scotch guard type product. The leather cleaner is a UV protectant, but both are for cleaning only, not for repelling stains.

By Keeps it clean, I mean with continued use. It's not a once a year application.
After I cleaned the carpets in the truck, any additional stains my kids have thrown at it come right up.

Good Luck with your search.

Last edited by Nitelord; 12-30-2008 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Spelling
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 07:30 PM
TDG Official Poo Flinger

I want to try Adams,....but I don't think any cleaner can handle what I do,......

But,...If you ever want to put Adams to the test,....I'll test it,..and report back.....all ya gotta do is send a "sample pack".

2005 F-250, CC,SB,PSD, MANUAL TRANNY

Icon 4.5" lift, 41" IROKS, and some other stuff

Special thanks to:

TrustedPerformance.com
KLMperformance.com
Black Ops Bumpers
FarmboyFabrications.com

TIRES AND WHEELS- 41" IROK Super Swampers, 20 x 10 AR Mojave Teflon-STEERING UPGRADE- Donahoe Racing Dual Stabilizers -FRONT SUSPENSION- Donahoe Racing 4.5" lift -REAR SUSPENSION- 6" Procomp Springs, Farmboy Fabrications Custom Traction Bars-FRONT AXLE UPGRADES- ARB Air locker/ 4.56 Precision Gears -REAR AXLE UPGRADES- ARB Air Locker/ 4.56 Precision Gears -ENGINE UPGRADES -SCT XCAL II w/ Extreme track file- ARP Headstuds - TRUSTED PERFORMANCE Stage II fuel and Oil system - ACCUFAB Intake Elbow - AFE Stage II Intake - MBRP Turbo back Stainless Steel Exhaust - MERLIN controls SPEED WIZARD-TRANSMISSION UPGRADES- Southbend 550+ HP Clutch -INTERIOR MODS-Gauge Works Quad A-pillar pod - Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges Pyro, Boost, Tranny - Cobra Inverter Remote Switch - Cobra Limited Edition Harley Davidson CB - Python Custom alarm system, wired into train horns - Hi-Lift Extreme jack w/ off road base -10,000 watt inverter - 15 gallons of air - Porter Cable 115 volt, 2.5hp Air Compressor - Rhino....Bed liner - EXTERIOR MODS- Harley Heads & Smoked tails- Crown SS braided Brake Lines -Custom Fabricated Front Bumper/ Brushguard w/ Custom Herculiner - (2) 8" Procomp Spotlights -(2) 5" Procomp Spotlights - (2) 5"Procomp Fluted lights - (2) 12 ton Recovery Shackles - Custom Fabricated Safari Rack w/ Custom Herculiner - (8 ) 3" x 5" Procomp Fluted lights - Grover...Triple Train Horns - Wilson 4' Fiberglass CB antenna - Stealth Bulbs Chrome signal bulbs - Dominator...Cowl Hood - Custom Herculined Rocker panels - AMP Research Powersteps - Bushwacker Cut-out Fender Flares - Ventshades - LEER Bed cap - Recon Line of Fire, rear light bar,...and a couple other things
The Following User Says Thank You to TANK'S 250 For this addition to TDG:
Nitelord (12-30-2008)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
okay, I think I get it now... I have cloth interior, not leather. Do you think I would be able to do the whole intoerior (Seats and Carpet) of my CrewCab F250 with one bottle or you think I need more than one???

Alex C.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 07:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokerDude View Post
okay, I think I get it now... I have cloth interior, not leather. Do you think I would be able to do the whole intoerior (Seats and Carpet) of my CrewCab F250 with one bottle or you think I need more than one???
One 16 oz bottle goes a long way. That should suffice.

If your interior looks like Tanks, better get a gallon...

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
It definately aint that bad! I bet Tank is real happy about havin the vinyl interior instead of cloth!!! Thanks for the help Nitelord!

Alex C.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 09:03 PM
TDG Official Poo Flinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokerDude View Post
It definately aint that bad! I bet Tank is real happy about havin the vinyl interior instead of cloth!!! Thanks for the help Nitelord!
And plastic floors are nice too,...that is why I special ordered the truck the way it is,......easy to clean,....when I actually clean it.

But I am willing to give Adams products a chance at my truck,.....

It would be good publicity,.....the before and after pics would make believers out of anyone,...

2005 F-250, CC,SB,PSD, MANUAL TRANNY

Icon 4.5" lift, 41" IROKS, and some other stuff

Special thanks to:

TrustedPerformance.com
KLMperformance.com
Black Ops Bumpers
FarmboyFabrications.com

TIRES AND WHEELS- 41" IROK Super Swampers, 20 x 10 AR Mojave Teflon-STEERING UPGRADE- Donahoe Racing Dual Stabilizers -FRONT SUSPENSION- Donahoe Racing 4.5" lift -REAR SUSPENSION- 6" Procomp Springs, Farmboy Fabrications Custom Traction Bars-FRONT AXLE UPGRADES- ARB Air locker/ 4.56 Precision Gears -REAR AXLE UPGRADES- ARB Air Locker/ 4.56 Precision Gears -ENGINE UPGRADES -SCT XCAL II w/ Extreme track file- ARP Headstuds - TRUSTED PERFORMANCE Stage II fuel and Oil system - ACCUFAB Intake Elbow - AFE Stage II Intake - MBRP Turbo back Stainless Steel Exhaust - MERLIN controls SPEED WIZARD-TRANSMISSION UPGRADES- Southbend 550+ HP Clutch -INTERIOR MODS-Gauge Works Quad A-pillar pod - Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges Pyro, Boost, Tranny - Cobra Inverter Remote Switch - Cobra Limited Edition Harley Davidson CB - Python Custom alarm system, wired into train horns - Hi-Lift Extreme jack w/ off road base -10,000 watt inverter - 15 gallons of air - Porter Cable 115 volt, 2.5hp Air Compressor - Rhino....Bed liner - EXTERIOR MODS- Harley Heads & Smoked tails- Crown SS braided Brake Lines -Custom Fabricated Front Bumper/ Brushguard w/ Custom Herculiner - (2) 8" Procomp Spotlights -(2) 5" Procomp Spotlights - (2) 5"Procomp Fluted lights - (2) 12 ton Recovery Shackles - Custom Fabricated Safari Rack w/ Custom Herculiner - (8 ) 3" x 5" Procomp Fluted lights - Grover...Triple Train Horns - Wilson 4' Fiberglass CB antenna - Stealth Bulbs Chrome signal bulbs - Dominator...Cowl Hood - Custom Herculined Rocker panels - AMP Research Powersteps - Bushwacker Cut-out Fender Flares - Ventshades - LEER Bed cap - Recon Line of Fire, rear light bar,...and a couple other things

Last edited by TANK'S 250; 12-27-2008 at 09:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TANK'S 250 For this addition to TDG:
Nitelord (12-30-2008)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode