Paint Code - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by wastedwagesracing, this thread has received 9 replies and been viewed 4880 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Paint Code

Does any one know where to find the paint code on an 05 Superduty??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 05:07 PM

its on your infomation sticker on your drivers door jamb. lower left hand corner it should say EXT PNT then under that or sometimes it just to the right of that should be a 2 digit code . if you are asking about the truck in your avatar it looks black and the code for black is UD .

'04 6.0, 4.5" lift, straight piped, SCT tunes by Innovative Diesel, studded, coolant filter, EGR delete Tru track in the rear, sounds by JL audio some other odds and ends
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
Banned
Threadstarter

Thanks, also do you know if Ford only used one color of black..I was told once that they used three different black paint codes in the same year.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 05:43 AM
********* and Mafia #90

Thanked 1,333 Times in 985 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Bcarriveau Send a message via Yahoo to Bcarriveau
Exterior paint codes may be listed as a two-part code. The first set of characters listed indicate the vehicle primary body color code. The second set of
characters listed (if applicable) indicate a two-tone or accent body color code.

Primary Body Color

- AQ - Arizona Beige (clear coat)
- CX - Dark Shadow Gray (clear coat)
- D6 - Screaming Yellow (waterborne) clear coat
- E4 - Vermilion Red (clear coat)
- F1 - Vermilion Red (waterborne) clear coat
- FL - Medium Toreador Red (clear coat)
- FW - Dark Satin Green (waterborne) clear coat
- JM - Dark Toreador Red (waterborne) clear coat
- L2 - True Blue (waterborne) clear coat
- LD - Medium Wedgewood Blue (clear coat)
- P - Stripped chassis paint (DSO)
- T5 - Dark Copper (waterborne) clear coat
- T7 - Charcoal Beige (waterborne) clear coat
- UA - Ebony (clear coat)
- UD - Ebony (waterborne) clear coat
- YN - Silver Metallic (clear coat)
- YZ - Oxford White (clear coat)
- Z1 - Oxford White (waterborne) clear coat
- Z3 - Silver Metallic (waterborne) clear coat
Two-Tone Color
- AQ - Arizona Beige (clear coat)
- UD - Ebony (waterborne) clear coat
- Z3 - Silver Metallic (waterborne) clear coat

Bill Carriveau OFFICIAL POO HAULER

ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1249694332
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Windows 8 might take that Win
http://www.bcarriveau.com/
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

How you name your Thread is Important. Read Here

The TDG TOTQ

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
Banned
Threadstarter

So then it looks like there is only one Black...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 11:28 AM

there used to be another code for Black, It was UA . I am pretty sure they dont use it anymore because it is a much Browner shade of black when compared to UD . if you tell me the year and model of the vehicle your are looking for ill verify the code for you. even if you have UA you can probably get away with using UD . most people can not pick up the difference with there eyes.

Bill is right if the vehicle is 2 toned then the lower color will be to the right of the primary color code. But Ford is a pain in the A** and does not always put the secondary/lower color code on the label .

Bill the list of codes you posted are older colors. many of those are not used anylonger. such as AQ has been replaced with G2 . couple others are not used any longer. not sure if you have an updated list incase you need to post one in the 08 forum

'04 6.0, 4.5" lift, straight piped, SCT tunes by Innovative Diesel, studded, coolant filter, EGR delete Tru track in the rear, sounds by JL audio some other odds and ends

Last edited by mattsn; 08-15-2009 at 11:31 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Banned
Threadstarter

Matt thanks. The only reason I'm wondering is that before I took delivery of my truck some goof at the dealer dinged up one of the rear fenders. They painted it but it never looked right. I took it to a different dealer to be fixed. They told me that it was because the other dealer used the wrong paint code. He said Ford uses three different blacks. The one on my truck has some yellow in it. I'm looking at a used topper that is for sale on here. And we are just trying to figure out if the color is going to match or not.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 05:09 PM
********* and Mafia #90

Thanked 1,333 Times in 985 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Bcarriveau Send a message via Yahoo to Bcarriveau
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsn View Post
there used to be another code for Black, It was UA . I am pretty sure they dont use it anymore because it is a much Browner shade of black when compared to UD . if you tell me the year and model of the vehicle your are looking for ill verify the code for you. even if you have UA you can probably get away with using UD . most people can not pick up the difference with there eyes.

Bill is right if the vehicle is 2 toned then the lower color will be to the right of the primary color code. But Ford is a pain in the A** and does not always put the secondary/lower color code on the label .

Bill the list of codes you posted are older colors. many of those are not used anylonger. such as AQ has been replaced with G2 . couple others are not used any longer. not sure if you have an updated list incase you need to post one in the 08 forum
that's a list for 05, not sure what year dougs truck is as he fails to tell us in his signature .. I have the 07 list as well and it looks the same, wonder when they axed it..

Bill Carriveau OFFICIAL POO HAULER

ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1249694332
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Windows 8 might take that Win
http://www.bcarriveau.com/
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

How you name your Thread is Important. Read Here

The TDG TOTQ

Last edited by Bcarriveau; 08-15-2009 at 05:14 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Banned
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarriveau View Post
that's a list for 05, not sure what year dougs truck is as he fails to tell us in his signature .. I have the 07 list as well and it looks the same, wonder when they axed it..

Yup it's an 2005...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 11:59 PM

new colors came out in 08

Doug, it is possible they sparyed the wrong black. alot of people and even painters think black is black. if you can see the difference then you can see color better than alot of people .

also , most paint companies have there "super black" its basically a "true" black and it is usually blacker than factory blacks ( specifically its bluer ) many painters just go straight to that when a black car comes through. it saves them the 5 mins it takes to mix up the formula that they should be mixing.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattsn For this addition to TDG:
wastedwagesracing (08-16-2009)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode