drying - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 99_stroker, this thread has received 9 replies and been viewed 1186 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

drying

what the best chamois you guys use for drying your trucks after the wash? also what do you use to clean the plastic on your running boards or along the top of your bed? thanks

Grein,

1999, ford f-250 superduty cc, lb, diy intake, dp tuner, 3 gauge pillar, tint all the way around, gto smoked heads and tails, uniden cb, recon smoked cab lights, recon running lights, recon third brake light
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,064 Times in 566 Posts
Garage
I dry with Adams drying towels, but the leather chamois work good too. I try to blow must of it off first with a blower/vac though.

I use the same bucket of suds for the plastic as washed the rest of the truck with.

-Wayne
2007 Chevy LBZ 6.6L Classic

Quote:
Age is a hell of a price to pay for maturity.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_stroker View Post
what the best chamois you guys use for drying your trucks after the wash? also what do you use to clean the plastic on your running boards or along the top of your bed? thanks
I use the same mitt but my plastic doesn't have any silicon (greasy) dressing on its thats going to transfer to my mitt either.

As for drying a couple of Waffle Weave drying towels and some Adam's detail spray is hard to beat.

2008 Red CCSB 6.4 Auto Lariat.
Stock 20's wrapped in 35x12.50R20 Toyo MT's, 3.73 gears, Nav, Backup Cam, Tailgate step, Upfitters, etc.
Mods: AFE Intake, Line-X, 20% Tint, Clear Bra, Husky Mats, Smoked Recon Mirror markers/3rd brake light, Bushwacker Pocket style flares w/ mud flaps + an aluminum Rapid Hitch (one of the best investments!)
Feel free to PM with any questions about any of my mods.

SRW Club #55
American Club #55

Last road trip-567 miles @ 20.7 mpg @ 67mpg average speed.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 03:29 PM

i use nothing but the leather ones... Found them to work the best iv tryed severall of the microfiber and other's but always come back to my leather.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 02:49 AM
SLAPS President

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdutytd View Post
As for drying a couple of Waffle Weave drying towels and some Adam's detail spray is hard to beat.
Same here. Since I started doing this, my truck looks like it just got a fresh wax job after every wash.

2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155's from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); Di-Pricol gauges; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7;Tunes by Tony Wildman & IDP; B&W hitch; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT radio; JL Audio 275w amp w/ 12" sub; Alpine door and rear seat speakers. pics
Dually club member #76

SLAPS President and Webmaster

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. - quote by Samuel Adams

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 05:45 AM

after washing with meq car soap..I just rinse with the Mr Clean filtered/water an then Dry with Microfiber towel
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:05 AM

I own a Harley and I have found the beat and many times the only way to dry the bike is with a leaf blower. It gets the bike dry in a hurry and gets the water out of areas that a towel or chamois would never touch. I use an electric one, but gas will work as well because fumes do not past thru the air flow.
This will work as will on any vehicle and then follow with the rag of your choice. It is especially good on glass.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 09:23 PM

Garage
X2 on the leaf blower. I've found an electric leaf blower works best. I don't care what kind of towel you use, sooner or later, towels scratch paint. A leaf blower never touches the paint. Think about it, what do Car washhes use? A giant blower!

2009 F350 4x4 CCLB Job 2, Lariat Ultimate, 6.4L, Auto, Tuned by KEM, S&B, DPF/DOC delete, 325/65xR18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Weld EVO Cheyenne 8 wheels, 2.5" Levelling Kit, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Recon Smoked Mirror and roof lights, Mag-Hytec Diff. Covers, Line-X Xtra Spray on liner, Weatherguard toolbox, DuraFlap mudflaps, Bilstein 5100's, ALL The Factory Options!

http://community.webshots.com/user/FineFord
H-M.W.H. Club #2
Union Club #1
Singles #237
B.O.M.B. Squad #12
Ridin' Dirty Club #17
American Club #15
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
X2 on the leaf blower. I've found an electric leaf blower works best. I don't care what kind of towel you use, sooner or later, towels scratch paint. A leaf blower never touches the paint. Think about it, what do Car washhes use? A giant blower!

Ours uses jail inmates...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 05:23 PM

Haha @ ^^

2008 Red CCSB 6.4 Auto Lariat.
Stock 20's wrapped in 35x12.50R20 Toyo MT's, 3.73 gears, Nav, Backup Cam, Tailgate step, Upfitters, etc.
Mods: AFE Intake, Line-X, 20% Tint, Clear Bra, Husky Mats, Smoked Recon Mirror markers/3rd brake light, Bushwacker Pocket style flares w/ mud flaps + an aluminum Rapid Hitch (one of the best investments!)
Feel free to PM with any questions about any of my mods.

SRW Club #55
American Club #55

Last road trip-567 miles @ 20.7 mpg @ 67mpg average speed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode