The Diesel Garage banner

speed sensor A

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  harry6.0 
#1 ·
I have a p0500 it is speed sensor A so my ? is witch sensor is speed sensor A thanks

#2 ·
any one I need to get this fixed thanks

#3 · (Edited)
I found this info, even though its for a later yr model. Sounds like its the rear diff speed sensor. Very common to go bad on some fords.

This article supersedes TSB 05-11-12 to update the vehicle model years and Service Procedure. ISSUE:

Some 2005-2006 F-Super Duty vehicles may exhibit an ABS light on and possible diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) C1175, C1236, P0500 and/or P0503. This condition may be due to faulty vehicle wiring, a failed wheel speed sensor or "vehicle speed sensor" (VSS) tone ring damage inside the rear differential case. The base brake system will continue to function as normal.
ACTION:

Follow appropriate Service Procedure based on DTC.
SERVICE PROCEDURE

P0500 And/Or P0503

P0500/0503 is set by the PCM when the VSS signal from the ABS module is missing. If the vehicle has DTC P0500/P0503 in the PCM, and the vehicle has ABS DTCs, check ground 105 and the ABS fuse (mini fuse #11). C1175

Harry

Reactions: vcassens
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.