anyone near the southern nh area want to flash their truck to an older calibration? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by SICKS-O, this thread has received 31 replies and been viewed 5223 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Slow 6.0

anyone near the southern nh area want to flash their truck to an older calibration?

i have found a way to flash the 6.0s backwards, i reflashed my 06 from FRT2 to ZHB2 an 05 strategy the other night, then flashed only the FICM to BKG0 an extremely old 03 strategy. i know alot of people do not like the reflash(s) ford has put into their trucks, so here is your chance to go back to your original strategy or one thats even better. im not 100% sure this will work on every truck just yet, as it stands right now ive only been able to manually select a calibration to load in on trucks with calibrations that are newer than 06. that means if your 03 04 or 05 was reflashed in jan 06 to present i can manually enter a specific calibration to put into your truck. trucks that are 06-07 models are not an issue no matter what calibration is in it, original or a reflash. if your 03-05 model truck has the original calibration in it or a reflash that was put in before 06 as of right now i can not manually enter a specific calibration to be installed, i can still flash it but there is no way for me to tell what calibration will be installed. i wont know more until i can try it on more trucks, i did mine twice and have done an 05 as well. i can flash just the FICM or FICM/ECM&TCM. this is more benefical to 03-04 trucks. on 06s & 07s i can put in a complete 05 model year calibration or flash just the FICM to an 03-05 cal. your original calibration code is located on the ECM located under the hood on the drivers side between the battery and wheel well, there is a small white tag called a "tear tag" it will have a 4 digit code starting with 3 letters and ending with a number, for example: UTU7. 03-04 owners only have to open the hood and look at the side of the ecm facing the front of the truck to view the tear tag. 05-07 owners will need to remove the ecm because the tag is on the bottom side of the ecm in those years. for now i will only flash a truck back to its original calibration unless the customer specifies otherwise, this is because i do not want to be liable or take a chance of playing russian roulette with someones truck. right now im looking for anyone that wants to try this and there will be no charge. i recommend the person has an SCT programmer which will act as a fail safe incase there is an issue, i can say i havent had any issues doing this yet.

2006 F350 XLT 4x4
ARP Studs, Blocked EGR Cooler, MBRP 304SS Cool Duals, 03 Turbo, Coolant Filter Kit, PCM Flashed Back & Innovative Extreme Tunes - 13.3 @ 99
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SICKS-O For this addition to TDG:
harry6.0 (07-01-2010), teamroper60 (07-01-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 03:27 AM

I like it when someone thinks outside the box. This is good to know, and thanks for the tip. I actually had SCT send me a stock flash file based off the number/code on my pcm to get the truck running again after the tuner lost my stock file and all files. Harry

Jan 03' built 6.0/F250cc4wd trqsft/SCT-tuned by KEM-Performance/Garrett Powermax vg-turbo/blue spring mod/gauges=egt+boost+fuel+SG2/exhaust/airaid intake/DR 4.5 lift/dual bilsteins/315's/greasable ball joints/powerstop/smittybuilt/kc lights/high idle mod/roll-n-lock/Mobil Delvac1 ESP 5W40 with (Archoil AR9100 in the oil) and (AR6200 in the fuel)
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 03:40 PM
SLAPS President

Garage
Sounds to me like somebody just found himself a way to make folks happy and probably make a little cash too! I am glad to see you figured out how to do it. I'd love to know what you figured out and how you are doing it but realize you probably don't want to divulge that info.....

At any rate, I wish you success with this. My truck hasn't been flashed since I bought it new in 03 (other than the custom tunes of course) and I think a lot of folks would be real happy with that program if they could get it..

2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155's from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); Di-Pricol gauges; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7;Tunes by Tony Wildman & IDP; B&W hitch; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT radio; JL Audio 275w amp w/ 12" sub; Alpine door and rear seat speakers. pics
Dually club member #76

SLAPS President and Webmaster

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. - quote by Samuel Adams

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end

Last edited by teamroper60; 07-01-2010 at 03:43 PM.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamroper60 View Post
Sounds to me like somebody just found himself a new business venture! I am glad to see you figured out how to do it. I'd love to know what you figured out and how you are doing it but realize you probably don't want to divulge that info.....

At any rate, I wish you success with this. My truck hasn't been flashed since I bought it new in 03 (other than the custom tunes of course) and I think a lot of folks would be real happy with that program if they could get it..
Is that the un-cut tow version? If so I'd pay money for that..
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 03:04 AM
SLAPS President

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedwagesracing View Post
Is that the un-cut tow version? If so I'd pay money for that..
If by "un-cut", you mean the factory, aggressive tow/haul, then yes, I have that.... Frankly, that is the biggest reason I have never allowed the truck to get reflashed by Ford....

2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155's from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); Di-Pricol gauges; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7;Tunes by Tony Wildman & IDP; B&W hitch; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT radio; JL Audio 275w amp w/ 12" sub; Alpine door and rear seat speakers. pics
Dually club member #76

SLAPS President and Webmaster

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. - quote by Samuel Adams

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 05:12 PM

have you seen any improvements with doing this? i.e milage?
i know im not close but id be willing to try this on my truck

04 F 250 sct; airaid intake; 4" turbo back; Autometer boost, tranny, water in the overhead cluster; fuel press egt's on pillar; coolant filter; 2" DR level kit

SLAPS member #143
Singles member #127:smoke
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 04:03 AM
illadvised and dangerous

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
Subscribed

2006 f250 4x4
crewcab lariat
auto elec tcase
soon to have
isspro egt/boost/trans/fuel

as well as pretty much
everything else
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 01:21 AM

interesting

2004 ford F350 6.0L 6 speed manual,SCT live wire,south bend double disk clutch,short throw shifter fx4. Costome exhaust 4 inch turbo back to 5" homade stacks, banjo bolt mod, shimed regulator,custom leveling kit (not blocks) and air lift air bags with onbord air suply TRADED FOR

2006 ford F 250 Amarillo 4" turbo back other than that stock for now

singles club #206

bomb squad #67

Ridin' Dirty Club #65
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 01:30 AM

im down to try stuff... i have an 06 shoot me a pm

2006 f350 C.C.SB Amarillo Edition- Afe Stage 2 intake, SCT, mbrp 5" turbo back with 6" tip, 7" icon lift,325/50/22 dynapro atms on 22x11 black XD diesels, keystone heat extractor hood, 4.30 gears, 03 turbo DR/icon traction bars, Hd Heads, Painted front and rear bumpers, arp head studs, Welded EGR

wish list/coming soon-banks ic, regulated return fuel system, Tuned FICM, but not if i do a CR cummins first!
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Slow 6.0
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamroper60 View Post
If by "un-cut", you mean the factory, aggressive tow/haul, then yes, I have that.... Frankly, that is the biggest reason I have never allowed the truck to get reflashed by Ford....
what is the tear tag code for your truck? id like to see if i can reflash my friends 03 to that cal

2006 F350 XLT 4x4
ARP Studs, Blocked EGR Cooler, MBRP 304SS Cool Duals, 03 Turbo, Coolant Filter Kit, PCM Flashed Back & Innovative Extreme Tunes - 13.3 @ 99

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode