Tunes - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Bigl, this thread has received 11 replies and been viewed 2338 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Tunes

Can anyone tell me if Vivian is still in business?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 07:50 PM

Garage
Yes she is, I just got tunes from her.
http://www.quicktricksautomotiveperformance.com/

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,Gyphon FICM tuner,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
Thanks to:JASONS REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE-TELFORD,PA.

"Are diesel pickups hot rods? Yes,they are-perhaps the most versatile hot rods ever made"---Diesel Power Magazine
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Hacky!

Send a message via Yahoo to Binderpower
So did I! I just have to give a big thanks again. My tunes are sweet.

Why farm half when you can FARMALL!

Give fools their gold, and knaves their power;
Let fortune's bubbles rise and fall;
Who sows a field, or trains a flower,
Or plants a tree, is more than all.- Whittier.

"A Liberal is a person who will giveaway everything he doesn't own

When you subsidize poverty and failure, you get more of both
Diesel Power
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 03:43 AM

How do you like your tunes from Vivian? Have you had tunes from anyone else and how would you rate Vivians? How is the shifting, pretty firm? I would like my shifts firm.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 04:56 AM
Rollin' the Coal

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3brorce View Post
How do you like your tunes from Vivian? Have you had tunes from anyone else and how would you rate Vivians? How is the shifting, pretty firm? I would like my shifts firm.
my innovative tunes shift firmer than I like maybe Im getting old. But not firm enough for me to take it out
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 04:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Vivians tunes are great, the shifts are nice and firm. I also have tunes from ID, the shifting is also nice and firm.

You won't be disappointed with either tuner. Both ID and Vivian have been tuning the 6.0 with SCT for a long time and they know what there doing. Which ever tuner you choose, if you don't like the way it's shifting (too hard,too soft) you need to get in contact with them so they can correct any issues you have.

X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,Gyphon FICM tuner,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB

"Are diesel pickups hot rods? Yes,they are-perhaps the most versatile hot rods ever made"---Diesel Power Magazine
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 03:56 AM

In terms of power how does the power of the Looney and the X-street? Have you had a tune from Matt at Gearhead before?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 04:45 AM

gearhead?

2008 6.4L PSD mods someday.

SOLD:2003 6.0L PSD. Tinted windows, Kenwood Cd player, Banks 4 inch Monster 1/2 way back to MBRP 6 inch Miter cut dual stacks, Rhino lined bed and rockers,S&B airfilter, Sct tuned by various, DiProcol Tranny, EGT and boost gauges in pillar mount, Go Rhino steps on 33x12.50 Toyo M/t's with black 18x9 Ultra Mammoth rims.Dfuser coolant kit,Ford Blue fuel pressure spring, ARP studs, Black excursion grill with enlarged Black emblem, 2008 tailgate with black emblem and black super duty lettering and 2008 tail lights RCD egr delete..
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 02:58 PM

Binderpower, is that a 1206 in your picture? By chance do you have any tractors for sale like 12 0's or 350 or 450? Thanks
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 06:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocweiller View Post
gearhead?
http://www.gearheadautomotiveperform...EL%20FORD.html

Quote:
In terms of power how does the power of the Looney and the X-street? Have you had a tune from Matt at Gearhead before?
By the seat of pants feel, the x-street and looney feel the same as far as power goes. The main difference is the shift points and converter lock up. The x-street locks the converter up when you get over 40mph, and don't unlock until you get below 40mph, it will also unlock if you really lay down on the skinny pedal in order to get the truck to down shift. This may take some getting use to by changing your driving habits. Here is an example:: if your driving along at 45mph and come apon a fairly steep uphill, if you try to stay at that 45mph speed as you go up the hill, the truck will lug down alot unless you hit the tow/haul button or lay into the skinny pedal, this will allow the converter to unlock and downshift to a lower gear. The trick in this situation is to get a running start for more MPH prior to hitting the hill. Another trick to unlock the converter is to get off the skinny pedal and tap the brake pedal, then get back on the skinny pedal with a little more force, this will allow the converter to unlock and let the trans to downshift.

The looney feels like it locks the converter in the stock gear lock up. Alot less lag because the converter isn't locking up till later. The power has a more instantaneous feel.

Both tunes are great, it just comes down to personal preference and your driving habits. I like to switch my tunes around every other month, just to get the feel and the fun of being able to use them. Right now I'm running the Looney Wild, I find this tune to be a good daily driver.

Sorry, I don't have any tunes from Matt. Just Eric and Vivian.

The Following User Says Thank You to lilpooh For this addition to TDG:
rocweiller (12-29-2010)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode