RCD street (dissapointment) - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by stroke32, this thread has received 11 replies and been viewed 2353 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Semper Fi

RCD street (dissapointment)

first let me say I bought a SCT sf3, I uploaded their canned performance tune and calibrated it according to my truck specs IE; revs per mile, axle etc..

raw unadulterated power
truck shifted in smoothly (rolled into the gears so smooth it was almost unoticable)
sweet WOT shifts and firmness
no jerks, tranny was happy
oh and very little smoke

*RCD TUNE* just got the street in today and uploaded
very laggy from the start (turbo lag increased) and smoke
shifts nicely but doesn't roll into shifts like the canned tune did
power is good but felt equal to if not subordinate to my superchips I had

not worth the $$$ IMO

black 2006 lariat F350 SB CC Dually sunroof 12" Procomp lift dual shocks/resivoirs front and rear, fabtech dirtlogic dual resivoir steering stabilizers (all nitrogen). 4in exhaust TB 22" chrome alcoa 18 wheeler rims on toyo 37" open country. 08-10 tailgate recon blacked out lights all way around. Harley front end (lights bumper grill etc) back up sensors and camera custom blacked out badges. 4 JL 10's in shallow box behind seats 2 thousand watt amps w/ custom 6x9's. 8" kenwood indash 5% tint all way around. powder coated frame and custom diff covers. SCT tuned

2005 f250 CC SB
custom all red truck grille and handles
black leather with carbon fiber face and door plates
IPCW taillights and lowered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Semper Fi
Threadstarter

how ever I can respect the fact that it is a street tune and designed in the manner to give the safest amount of power possible, I just was hyped up from everyone else and expecting something a little different ya know? I mean my superchips ran better than this.

It might just be an error, I'll call tomorrow and explain, just wanted to share my 2 cents and experience

black 2006 lariat F350 SB CC Dually sunroof 12" Procomp lift dual shocks/resivoirs front and rear, fabtech dirtlogic dual resivoir steering stabilizers (all nitrogen). 4in exhaust TB 22" chrome alcoa 18 wheeler rims on toyo 37" open country. 08-10 tailgate recon blacked out lights all way around. Harley front end (lights bumper grill etc) back up sensors and camera custom blacked out badges. 4 JL 10's in shallow box behind seats 2 thousand watt amps w/ custom 6x9's. 8" kenwood indash 5% tint all way around. powder coated frame and custom diff covers. SCT tuned

2005 f250 CC SB
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroke32 View Post
how ever I can respect the fact that it is a street tune and designed in the manner to give the safest amount of power possible, I just was hyped up from everyone else and expecting something a little different ya know? I mean my superchips ran better than this.

It might just be an error, I'll call tomorrow and explain, just wanted to share my 2 cents and experience
This is what happens sometimes when gettin a custom tune. Just call and tell them whats happening and they can change/rewrite the tune to make it alot better than what it is.

2004 F-350 XLT SC 4x4: SCT, AFE stage II, autometer gauges(pyro, boost, tranny, fuel), edge insight, CFM large mouth intake elbow, spearco, snow performance water injection, 5" stacks, ARP's, fluidampr, hypermax fire rings, LIPD regulated return, FASS, fuelab, casserly 190's, 64/71/70 turbo(polished compressor housing)modded FICM(ID), Hellmann's sump, electirc fans
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Semper Fi
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
This is what happens sometimes when gettin a custom tune. Just call and tell them whats happening and they can change/rewrite the tune to make it alot better than what it is.

True, what's your 2c on the canned sf3 tunes? I was pretty happy with it but if it can be detrimental to the 6.0 I won't take the chances

2005 f250 CC SB
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 01:38 AM

Garage
i think you as the owner and driver can tell what works best for your truck. each truck reacts differently to tuning so it is good to get back to your tuner and let them know how you truck acted. sometimes they may want you to data log some parameters so they can see what's exactly going on.

if the canned tunes work good i would say run them. especially if you don't have too many engine mods and are close to stock they work fine. when you have modified injectors or turbos custom is more important. but any truck can benefit from custom tuning because as the customer you get to have a say in how the power is delivered, trans shift points, and what purpose (tow, street, race, econo)

2005 6.0L F350 Lariat CCLB FX4
*Industrial Injection Hybrid Turbo*90hp DDP Injectors*SCTX3 Custom Innovative/Spartan*ARP Studs/Stocks Head Gaskets*Banks Techni-Cooler*FASS*AFE Intake*4" MBRP Exhaust*AutoMeter PhantomII Boost/Pyro/Trans Gauges*2.5" ICON Suspension*35" Xtreme AT's*18"KMC Monsters*Power Slotted Rotters w/ Ceramic Brake Pads*Pioneer AVIC N3-Nav,Rear View Cam,iPod,Voice Activation*
The Following User Says Thank You to adambomb For this addition to TDG:
stroke32 (11-24-2010)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 02:58 AM

Innovative's Xtreme Tunes and Matt's SRL will put a smile on your face.

Blake

2003 Ford F-250 6.0l Powerstroke CC SB Lariat FX4
Engine-ARP Studs, RCD EGR Delete, 4" MBRP Exhaust, SCT Tuned by Innovative
Exterior-2.5" Leveling Kit, 18" XD Badlands, 325/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Interior-Edge Insight w/EGT

WTB: 6.0L Injector Cores
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
Innovative's Xtreme Tunes and Matt's SRL will put a smile on your face.
I agree with the ID's Xtreme street tune The only bad thing is when you load it you wont want to take it out! Don't even get the race if your not studded.... Trust me

Lonnie
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Slow 6.0

keep it real mild unless you have studs or plan on doing them

2006 F350 XLT 4x4
ARP Studs, Blocked EGR Cooler, MBRP 304SS Cool Duals, 03 Turbo, Coolant Filter Kit, PCM Flashed Back & Innovative Extreme Tunes - 13.3 @ 99
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 03:32 PM

Yeah, contact RCD and tell them exactly what you are experiencing.

I have had tunes which were "mild" that made the truck rocket down the road and tunes which were "hot" that were no better than stock.

As someone said above, each truck reacts different based on many factors. The tuners are making an educated guess on what will work for your truck. If it doesn't, let them know and they can adjust. Make sure you tell them everything... shift behavior, power, smoke, weak at low RPMs or high RPMs (there are trade offs between street and strip), etc.

For example, I had one tune which wouldn't shift into 4th under WOT. It would hit the rev limiter at about 4200rpm and stay there. We couldn't figure out why, it just did it.

Good luck!

'04 Excursion PSD, a.k.a Da Bus
- SCT by D.J., Powershot 2000, '05 Power Elbow, Isspro gauges under dash,
- Slam Specialties RE8's in the front... 5 inch drop to 4 inch lift at my command
- Herculiner on the runnin' boards and The Go-Fast Scratch! (THE latest must-have free mod!!!)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 02:22 AM

I ran the canned tunes for a while and thought they were good untill I got ID's tunes. What a difference. Highly recommended.

05' F-250, Harley Davidson #2993, True Blue
SCT X2 programmer (innovative tuned), MBRP 4in turbo back SS Cool Duals, Gutted Cat, S&B cold air intake, 2" front 1" rear lift, 325x60x20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Stock Harley 20" rims, Line X, 20% tint all around, Alpine Linear Sub system, 4k Sylvania Silver Star lights, Zoo Dad mod, line of fire by Recon, ARP head studs, RCD EGR delete, new heads, new Turbo, dual bilstein steering stabilizers, bilstein 5100 shocks all 4 corners, truxedo bed cover, Amsoil. U.S.C.G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode