Join Date: Jul 2005
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Bought my 05 6.0 new in April of 2005. Since then, I've logged 147k miles. Truck was pretty good for the first 100k. I had a HPOP replaced, and the head gaskets blew. Can't really complain too much since I'd been running a programmer for about 60k miles when they let go.
Since the warranty expired.....well, MY financial supervisor (wife) would love for me to sell.
In the past 30k miles:
1) 8 injectors
2) 2 FICM's
3) 2 batteries
4) 1 alternator
5) Oil cooler
6) Blown head gaskets (again, even with ARP studs)
And in the past couple of months, I deleted the EGR and flushed the coolant.
Ball joints might be shot, but again, I can't complain too much. The original ones have 147k miles on them and counting.
Still remaining to be worked on, and mostly due to me being me:
1) Moon roof that won't open because the adhesive failed on the sound deadening material installed in the headliner
2) Add auxillary coolant pump (for Vegistroke)
3) Install coolant filter
4) High idle mod
5) Install 4 gauge pod with fuel level gauge for auxillary tank in bed
6) Install new FPR (Ford upgrade)
7) Rotate tires / polish rims (not a big deal? They're 37/13.50/22's on Alcoa 10 lugs -- they weigh 200 lbs each and I have 40 lug nuts to play with)
8) Have front bumper repainted (rock chips and a scuff from a hit and run)
9) Clean AirRaid airfilter
10) Change fuel filters
I'm guessing I'll be done sometime in January.
2005 Harley Davidson F-250 Superduty #3991, true blue