bullydog powerpup on extreme with no smoke? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by mrod67, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 2058 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

bullydog powerpup on extreme with no smoke?

I have a new customer with an 06 6.0 192K on the clock. The first time i ever see it, last week, it needs egr cooler and oil cooler. So while im at it, the guy says throw a new turbo on it because its original. Also, its got stock hg's. Anyways, the job went fine and all was good. Now as the title says, he has a powerpup programmer, which i didnt know about, and turned it back up after my job. Now he says the new turbo is bad because it doesnt spool like it used to.
So we go for a ride and i find it odd that the exhaust is super clean for such an aggressive tune. So i checked fuel pressure: 53 psi idle, and 45 wot. Everything is stock fuel system wise, so tomorrow to start, i have the upgraded ford fuel pressure reg. spring kit coming. I am afraid Im still going to have an issue since it seems it should smoke as is, even though the fuel is a little low. The filters were new 2 weeks ago. Im also going to check pump inlet suction pressure. According to the owner, the truck used to smoke when you got on it.
From past trucks i have turned up, any time i did, smoke was always a by product, and I doubt this bully dog is a great tune that makes 100+ hp with no smoke. Possibly with 192K miles, i need a pump. So should i talk him into, or atleast try, a better pump? I feel he is feeling my new turbo is bad due to the lack of fuel to spool that thing like before.
I also feel this problem was happening before, he just thought a new turbo would bring it back to what it was. Sorry for the long post, just looking for opinions and experience with these tuners. Thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 01:36 AM

I use to have the triple dog tuner about 5 years ago before i go the SCT, but on the extreme setting it would smoke pretty good when getting on it at low boost. Are you sure he has it programmed right? I would try returning it back to stock...drive it, then redownload the extreme and run it again...then compare.

2004 F-350 XLT SC 4x4: SCT, AFE stage II, autometer gauges(pyro, boost, tranny, fuel), edge insight, CFM large mouth intake elbow, spearco, snow performance water injection, 5" stacks, ARP's, fluidampr, hypermax fire rings, LIPD regulated return, FASS, fuelab, casserly 190's, 64/71/70 turbo(polished compressor housing)modded FICM(ID), Hellmann's sump, electirc fans
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 11:26 AM

What kind of new turbo was the replacement one? Stock or a Powermax or other?

Harry

Jan 03' built 6.0/F250cc4wd trqsft/SCT-tuned by KEM-Performance/Garrett Powermax vg-turbo/blue spring mod/gauges=egt+boost+fuel+SG2/exhaust/airaid intake/DR 4.5 lift/dual bilsteins/315's/greasable ball joints/powerstop/smittybuilt/kc lights/high idle mod/roll-n-lock/Mobil Delvac1 ESP 5W40 with (Archoil AR9100 in the oil) and (AR6200 in the fuel)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode