laptop software - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by powerboatr, this thread has received 21 replies and been viewed 2693 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

laptop software

Can any body tel lme the good bad or uglies of the software "special Forces" for the 6.0
its made by these guys

Sniper Scout software

The ultimate kit for laptop owners. With a few clicks of your mouse, this cost-effective kit allows you to modify and maximize your vehicle’s computer settings to improve engine and transmission performance for most any condition. For truck owners, the Scout allows changes that could improve fuel mileage and towing capabilities whether using regular unleaded or premium unleaded fuels. For the sports car owners, the Scout allows changes that will improve the drivability and performance for stock vehicles as well as modified vehicles. Just slip the Scout CD into your laptop and improve your vehicle’s performance in just minutes. Once the performance program is created by the Scout, you have two options of how to install the performance program into your vehicle.
1. "Flash" your vehicle directly from your laptop. Just plug your laptop into the vehicle's diagnostic port just underneath the driver side dash.
2. Load the performance program onto a Sniper chip and plug the chip into your vehicle's computer. This option is only available for vehicles equipped with EEC-V computers.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 01:42 PM

It's pretty much the same concept as the SCT Pro Racer Package. Some users like to have the flexibility of doing there own tuning, others don't want to spend the time working with it. Having a good base file to start from is essential, so finding a supporting dealer is recommended.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeDiesel
It's pretty much the same concept as the SCT Pro Racer Package. Some users like to have the flexibility of doing there own tuning, others don't want to spend the time working with it. Having a good base file to start from is essential, so finding a supporting dealer is recommended.

Eric,
How does this compare to the EFI Live for the Duramax? We just got one of those for my buddies truck and it's crazy the stuff you can do. What would I have to purchase to do the same things the EFI Live does so I could do it on my 6.0. I have an SCT but could just use it just like the EFI does, store it on your computer and flash the truck with that. Let me know as I'm very interested. Is that what the pro racer package is? What does that one run? Thanks

Blake
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 02:56 PM

Since you have the Xcal2, you would only need the Racer Pro Package. Please PM, call, or email for pricing. You write your program to the Xcal2 and then upload it to your PCM. Most like it better that way because you have the stock program on your unit if you ever want to quickly return to stock. It's very similar to EFI Live.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

preciate the gouge
it also comes with two "bullets" to let you load your buddies truck if you want.
not sure about the base load, but the guy on the phone said it has drop downs to ask you questions and pick a parameter and then upload your truck.
the decison gets harder everyday.

Ford 6.0L 03-06 Diesels:
-Gains of 50-150rwhp.
-Economy Programs for better mileage.
-Tow Programs available with Diesel Braking and continuous convertor lockup.
this is what i am looking for
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 07:39 PM

Jump on in and have some fun.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDPlayer
Jump on in and have some fun.
PSD,
I know exactly what ur thinkin', im gonna mess it up for sure!!!!!!!!!! I know, its a VERY good possibility. I was just wonderin' cause I like the way that the EFI LIVE works, would be neat to mess with.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 08:35 PM

The Special Forces software is pretty complete and it does have some limitations. It's not as sofistacated as the EFI Live software so that should prevent you from going too far and harming your vehicle. They do have software that is much more entailed like EFI Live or other sofistacated software...it's called Delta Force.
What is really cool about it is that it allows you to program multiple vehicles without having to purchase additional hardware.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastsvtss
The Special Forces software is pretty complete and it does have some limitations. It's not as sofistacated as the EFI Live software so that should prevent you from going too far and harming your vehicle. They do have software that is much more entailed like EFI Live or other sofistacated software...it's called Delta Force.
What is really cool about it is that it allows you to program multiple vehicles without having to purchase additional hardware.
I forgot to mention, the Special Forces software does come with some "pre-tuned" performance files (50, 75 & 100 hp).
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 08:57 PM

I have heard that it isn't quite complete so you need to find a good dealer so they can give you all of the fixes. The only people I know that deal with it is David Lott at DI.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode