Which one is Best,,,ScanGauge II or Edge CTS Monitor - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by frankmako, this thread has received 18 replies and been viewed 22384 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Which one is Best,,,ScanGauge II or Edge CTS Monitor

I am looking at adding gauges to my truck. Which one is better, the ScanGauge II or the Edge CTS Monitor? What I am looking for is ease of install,, plug and play. By looking at the pictures of each product it looks like the Edge has a bigger screen to read. Is it hard to see the read out on the ScanGauge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 03:29 PM

I have the ScanGauge2. Best money I ever spent. Reads a whole host of critical data for the 6.0 Powerstroke. You do have to program in the X-gauge coding numbers before you can read them though, but once coded in, they are always there to scroll through and read. For the price the SG2 is a steal for what it can do. The Edge monitor is nice also, but much more expensive. Go here,

http://www.scangauge.com/support/x-g...cific-xgauges/

and scroll down to the ford 6.0L diesel, and you can see and compare these capabilities against the Edge. These X-gauge features are additional readings ontop of the 10 or so that come pre-programmed in already. Like I said, you can scroll through all of these once they are programmed into the device.

Harry

Jan 03' built 6.0/F250cc4wd trqsft/SCT-tuned by KEM-Performance/Garrett Powermax vg-turbo/blue spring mod/gauges=egt+boost+fuel+SG2/exhaust/airaid intake/DR 4.5 lift/dual bilsteins/315's/greasable ball joints/powerstop/smittybuilt/kc lights/high idle mod/roll-n-lock/Mobil Delvac1 ESP 5W40 with (Archoil AR9100 in the oil) and (AR6200 in the fuel)
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 01:27 AM

For me it would be the Edge Insight CTS a great tool, get the expandable probe so if you want to add more to it down the line you can plus you can read 8 things at one time.
http://stealth-automotive.com/index....roduct_id=1634
2 stroker

06 F350 4x4 PSD Lariat FX4 CC LB
Edge CTS Expandable Pyro,AutoMeter Fuel Pressure Gauge
Updated Fuel Reg. Kit 3C3Z-9T517-AG
Amsoil By-Pass(Amsoil 5w40)
Coolant Filtration System Delo ELC
Pulling a 14,000 lb Alpenlite 5er
97 F350 4x4 PSD CC LB
PacBrake&ATS converter lockup
3" dp-4" exhaust
TruCool 28,000 lb cooler
Tymar Intake
A piller EGT,Boost,Trans
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
i went with the scangauge and the blendmount. got it in yesterday and all looks good. setup several of the most needed xgauges. i might add more later on.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Boost Junkie

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mygt8a4re
frankmako, whats the blendmount? pics? thx

05' f350 DRW
Mods: ARP head studs, Black onyx HG's, 4" turbo back exh w/ 6" tip, AFE Magnumforce ProDryS, RCD EGR delete, SCT Innovative tunes, Edge Insight w/ EGT probe, CCV mod, Dfuser coolant filter, Amsoil framerail oil filter, GoGo Diesel DD mod solenoid, Springtech drop shackles, Recon smoked cab lights, Recon smoked fender lights, Recon light bar, Smoked tail lights & 3rd brake light, DeVries custom emblems, CAP 7pc billet grille, Archoil AR9100 & AR6200 addatives.
Ford updates: STC HPOP fitting, Blue FPR spring kit, turbo feed & drain tubes, oil cooler, Standpipes & dummy plugs.

I wouldnt have to manage my anger if you would just manage your stupidity!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
the blendmount mounts the scangauge above the rear view mirror. go to blendmount.com to see. nice kit makes it look like a factory job. put the scangauge out of the way and it is easy to read.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Boost Junkie

Garage
very nice....where did yu run your obdII cable?

05' f350 DRW
Mods: ARP head studs, Black onyx HG's, 4" turbo back exh w/ 6" tip, AFE Magnumforce ProDryS, RCD EGR delete, SCT Innovative tunes, Edge Insight w/ EGT probe, CCV mod, Dfuser coolant filter, Amsoil framerail oil filter, GoGo Diesel DD mod solenoid, Springtech drop shackles, Recon smoked cab lights, Recon smoked fender lights, Recon light bar, Smoked tail lights & 3rd brake light, DeVries custom emblems, CAP 7pc billet grille, Archoil AR9100 & AR6200 addatives.
Ford updates: STC HPOP fitting, Blue FPR spring kit, turbo feed & drain tubes, oil cooler, Standpipes & dummy plugs.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 03:24 AM

I too am curious as to which monitoring system to get I am thinking the insight but am able to find all its features and go by what has been mentioned in here and other posts, stuff like the insight has an engine/turbo brake and others stuff, or is this just a dressed up gizmo, when we got an edge for my dads in '08 once we opened the box there where many options unavailable
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 04:14 AM

Edge Insight CTS
6.0L Powerstroke
Accel Pedal Position, Barometric Pressure, Battery Voltage, Corrected Speed (03-04), Engine Coolant Temp, Engine Load, Engine Oil Pressure, Engine Oil Temp, Engine RPM, Engine Run Time, FICM Voltage, Gear with TCL, ICP Pressure, Injector Pulse Width, Intake Air Temp, Mass Air Flow, Mileage Coach, MPG Instant, MPG Average, TCC Duty Cycle, Time 0-60, Time 1/4 mile, Trans Temp, Turbo Boost, Vehicle Speed (04-07), Variable Geometry Turbo Duty Cycle

6.4L Powerstroke
Accel Pedal Position, Barometric, Battery Voltage, Coolant Temp, Corrected Vehicle Speed, Current Gear, EGT, Engine Load, Engine Oil Temp, Engine Run Time, Intake Air Temp, Mass Airflow, Engine RPM, Regen. Status, Trans Fluid Temp, Turbo Boost
2 stroker

06 F350 4x4 PSD Lariat FX4 CC LB
Edge CTS Expandable Pyro,AutoMeter Fuel Pressure Gauge
Updated Fuel Reg. Kit 3C3Z-9T517-AG
Amsoil By-Pass(Amsoil 5w40)
Coolant Filtration System Delo ELC
Pulling a 14,000 lb Alpenlite 5er
97 F350 4x4 PSD CC LB
PacBrake&ATS converter lockup
3" dp-4" exhaust
TruCool 28,000 lb cooler
Tymar Intake
A piller EGT,Boost,Trans
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Boost Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twins View Post
I too am curious as to which monitoring system to get I am thinking the insight but am able to find all its features and go by what has been mentioned in here and other posts, stuff like the insight has an engine/turbo brake and others stuff, or is this just a dressed up gizmo, when we got an edge for my dads in '08 once we opened the box there where many options unavailable
I dont think the insight is a dressed up gizmo at all. Depending on your year you may not be able to use/gauge every feature with just a plug n play option. Edge does offer additional sensors/senders/cables to monitor fuel pressure and EGTs. wich is the case with any system you use when it comes to the 6.0l. It really depends how much your willing to spend and if the flashy, colored gauges are important to you. Last note here, dont forget about the original edge insight. It offers pretty much all the same features just with a smaller screen and digital readings. It does a fantastic job just w/o the flashy gauges....you can find them used on ebay relatively cheap and then buy the EGT probe and cable and save a ton...really depends on the owner and what they want. All the mentioned systems monitor very well.

05' f350 DRW

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode