Fuel Cell Specs - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Dirck, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 1612 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Infected: Diesel Madness

Garage
Fuel Cell Specs

Setting up SGII and received 3 different values from 3 dealerships for fuel tank capacity (30.5, 38 and 42). 8^/ Searches including Ford spec sheets etc revealed zippo. L'le help?

2006 F-350 6L PSD SRW CC SB FX4

Sure as hell would appreciate a response with the definitive standard diesel tank capacity for this beast?

Thanky x azillion in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 02:19 PM

The short bed and long bed crew cabs have different tanks and capacities. I know the long bed F350's have the 38gal tank. My short bed ccF250 has a 29gal tank. I would have to assume that your truck being a short bed ccF350 would have the 30.5gal tank.

Harry

Jan 03' built 6.0/F250cc4wd trqsft/SCT-tuned by KEM-Performance/Garrett Powermax vg-turbo/blue spring mod/gauges=egt+boost+fuel+SG2/exhaust/airaid intake/DR 4.5 lift/dual bilsteins/315's/greasable ball joints/powerstop/smittybuilt/kc lights/high idle mod/roll-n-lock/Mobil Delvac1 ESP 5W40 with (Archoil AR9100 in the oil) and (AR6200 in the fuel)
The Following User Says Thank You to harry6.0 For this addition to TDG:
Dirck (07-09-2012)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Thanks Harry!
On a side-note; After running the '06 6L PSD for nearly 6 months on ULSD and no addatives, I found an LSD dispensing pump with the 'Warning: Use in 2007 or newer vehicles will result in damage or failure...' The complete erradication of injector noise and overall engine sound at startup and beyond has been an eye-opener! I have read the 2 stroke vs addatives threads and we all know how indeterminate/undecisive that can leave relatively inexperienced Powerstrokers. All of that data and experienced input, and I'm still in a white-out, drawin' a blank.
Are the multitude of reported injector replacements in pre-2007 6L PSDs directly related to running ULSD for extended periods without addatives or 2 stroke oil?
If yes, what specific damage indications are the failed sticks revealing?
Nearly commited $1,000 stocking up on both of Archoil's juices. Then I decided that more research was in order. Grabbed a quart of Howes for when the tankful of LSD has burned. I'll be on a 22+ state trip for the next couple of months and must choose my weapon/addative. Howes was readily available for the interim. The total elimination of injector noise (even on startup after several days sitting) after only burning 1/2 tank of LSD assures me that a choice is mandatory. I suppose I can build a pinwheel with all of the choices and give 'er a spin. ;=]
Guess I'll return to the addatives thread to review recent posts and make the ultimate choice in hopes that my choice retains quiet running without greasin' up or crusting out the valvetrain and combustion chambers.
Decissions, decissions... 8:\
Any encouraging longterm history of use seems to inspire gravitation in that direction.?
All opinions are appreciated!!!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 02:11 AM

Thanks for the compliment Dirck. Our 6L PowerStroke injectors can fail on the high pressure oil side or the fuel side. Maintenance is important, keep the motor oil changed every 5k and the fuel filters every 15k. Low fuel pressure can also cause injectors to have a shortened lifespan, and a blue spring mod kit for the fuel pressure regulator is highly recommended, as it raises the fuel pressure in the injectors and aids in keeping them from hammering themselves to death from low fuel pressures. Ford and International both sell the kit. I used 2cycle in my fuel for many years, but not anymore since switching to AR6200 and AR9100 in my oil. My original turbo wore out on the exhaust side of things a few yrs back, may or may not have been from the 2cycle. Howes is good for a winter anti-gel and is a good additive too. If given any one choice I would definitely run AR9100 for sure in your motor oil. For myself, I have tried pretty much all the popular fuel additives out there, my choice is still AR6200. The 6L PowerStroke injectors are noisey by design, but with all the repeat injector failures being so common, this is what lead me to search for an answer. In fact, I recently ran into a a guy I used to work with who is now a service advisor for a Ford dealership, he said they make a killing on 6L injector replacements, its their bread and butter, they fail like crazy. Again, maintenance is the key, and the high pressure oil side of things is where most failures are occuring(injector spool valves), this is where something like AR9100 can provide added protection.

Harry

Jan 03' built 6.0/F250cc4wd trqsft/SCT-tuned by KEM-Performance/Garrett Powermax vg-turbo/blue spring mod/gauges=egt+boost+fuel+SG2/exhaust/airaid intake/DR 4.5 lift/dual bilsteins/315's/greasable ball joints/powerstop/smittybuilt/kc lights/high idle mod/roll-n-lock/Mobil Delvac1 ESP 5W40 with (Archoil AR9100 in the oil) and (AR6200 in the fuel)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harry6.0 For this addition to TDG:
Dirck (07-13-2012), snowgoose (07-12-2012)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Thumbs up Thanky!

Hey Harry!
Thanks again! The time spent explaining these details are lubricitously received! 8^]>
Spoke with Dave today and arranged things as you'll surely realize directly.

On another note; Is there a posting here or elsewhere accurately detailing the specs including fluid capacities for the 2006 F-350 6L TPSD CC SB FX4 to determine blending requirements? A shortlist of crankcase & transmission would help alot for now. The 6.0 supplement refers us back to the base owners manual which lists gasloline powerplants. The oil and transmission will get dosed and changed after all varnish is reconstituted by the esters during the trip south.

I'll probably stay away from synthetics in the crankcase due to many boosted motorcycle gasket seepages. Perhaps after the studs are upgraded with close gasket inspection and other upgrades. I'll check the fuel pressure with a gauge before ordering the buespring kit. Maybe the Scanguage II has a fuel pressure reading in x-guage. It's mounted but not programmed yet. Soooooooo much ta'do, so few hours in a lifetime. {:-)

Keep On Truckin'!

Last edited by Dirck; 07-13-2012 at 03:03 AM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirck For this addition to TDG:
harry6.0 (07-13-2012)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Lightbulb Capacities Located

I located fluid capacities after posting the inquiry above.

Still open to having any links to vehicle specifications data...

Thanks.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 05:15 AM

Synthetic motor oils that are diesel rated like a 5w40 grade work very well in the 6.0L PowerStroke. I would not add any AR9100 to an auto transm, it could cause issues, if its a manual transm then it would be ok. Differentials ok too. For the motor oil you want to add one 16oz bottle of AR9100 into the crankcase...then enjoy the smooth quiet running engine with amazing cold starts.

Harry

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 05:27 AM

Almost forgot, the ScanGauge2 will not read fuel pressures, nor will any scan tool or device. To read fuel pressures you need to tap into the fuel pressure test port on the secondary fuel filter housing on the engine next to the oil filter housing. Theres a small plug threaded in already,. you remove it and put an adapter and gauge or do like myself and many others have and install a sender and electronic stepper motor gauge in the cab so you can read fuel pressures all the time. I have one from GlowShift with the adapter and its worked great for quite sometime now. It comes with the sender and harness, all you need extra is the adapter, which they sell also.

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/elite...ure-gauge.aspx

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/glows...adapter-2.aspx

Harry

The Following User Says Thank You to harry6.0 For this addition to TDG:
maladosteo35 (07-15-2012)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode