TS 5x opinions - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by BigBlue, this thread has received 11 replies and been viewed 1481 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Window Licker

TS 5x opinions

This is for ya'll that have ran it or are running it. I have already asked a couple of people how they liked it and how it ran. I'm thinking of ordering it and trying it out. What's ya'll opinion on it?

1997 Dodge 2500 CUMMINS 5 spd 4x4, 16* timing, #10 plate, pump mods that make it go real hard, 3gsk, South Bend Con FE, studded and o-ringed, AEM Workhorse intake, Straight 4 inch exhaust into 6" Aussie tip Black powder coated stacks, modified turbo non wastegated now and the two big cowbells are now residing on my Goat. Smokes like a freight train and "Hey I got a goat finally!!!!!"

Now my wife's:2006 F-150 Crewcab XLT 4.6L V8 with every option available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Addicted to Money

I really like it. I wasn't looking for a race truck (go SCT if you want a racer), but it sure gives the truck the power it should of had from the factory. You won't regret it.

2004 F-350 Crewcab. Bunch of stuff done.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Window Licker
Threadstarter

Well I went ahead and ordered today from one of the local diesel performance guys that knows Dennis pretty well along with another little module that will help the trans alot. I can't say yet who makes it cause it hasn't made it to the dealers yet. They have the price on it but they should be getting it within some time. I'm going to keep my mouth shut till a couple of vendors on here who sell the product say something. But I will give updates on how it works and acts. Lets say this is going to be a good package together. It might give the SCT a run for its money.

Mustang42, that's what I'm looking for know since it is going to be worked and played with. It's only going to be worked when going to bike rallies and special events otherwise it is all play. I know I spent all this time with the SCT and all that I have dealt with have spent all this time also. I would like to apologize for any inconvience. But when it is going to have a logo splattered across the tailgate there are some decisions that have to be made. I'm happy with what I got know but I'm tired of spending time for things with the shifting. I'm like my wife I'm happy but I'm not. My trans just does not like the SCT for some reason. Nothing is wrong with the trans at all just doesn't want to act like the rest of ya'll. For some reason I always get the truck that wants to do its own thing. It is nothing againest any of the vendors that I have dealt with. They have gone beyond the call of duty for me. It is just I'm getting busier at work and personal life that I don't have the time any more to deal with the SCT. Sorry for the sob story but I know someone is going to ask why I'm not running the SCT anymore.

1997 Dodge 2500 CUMMINS 5 spd 4x4, 16* timing, #10 plate, pump mods that make it go real hard, 3gsk, South Bend Con FE, studded and o-ringed, AEM Workhorse intake, Straight 4 inch exhaust into 6" Aussie tip Black powder coated stacks, modified turbo non wastegated now and the two big cowbells are now residing on my Goat. Smokes like a freight train and "Hey I got a goat finally!!!!!"

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 10:37 PM

Interesting. i think you'll enjoy the X5, and with extra tranny help you may have a good combo. Dennis can go from mild to wild as far as tunes.

Dom
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Window Licker
Threadstarter

I'm going wild on the 100 and 150 but lower somewhat mild/wild. I think since he is going to be tuning MY stock file out of my truck that will help out alot.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 02:29 PM

The 150 tune is a very "driveable" tune.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 04:22 PM

Im very impressed with mine. Shifting and throttle response are awesome. No worries here...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 04:33 PM

I think that TS is going the have a TC lock-up module for the 5X so you can control when you want it, maybe at a certain RPM.

Blue,,, do you think that the tranny control can be added later? I'm thinking about buying an 5X this week.

2005 F-350, 6.0, Lariat, 4X4,CC,LB,Torqshift, 8" lift, Toyo 37" O.C. 18" Mazzi Hulk Wheels, Billet Grill, Isspro A-pillar gauges,AFE 4"TB exhaust w/no muff,4:56's, Firestone Air Bags, SCT X-cal2, ARP's
SCT tunes BY Eric. and Viv', WC Motorsports anti-wobble track bar
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 04:37 PM

They are coming out with that.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Finger Lickin GOOD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSands
I think that TS is going the have a TC lock-up module for the 5X so you can control when you want it, maybe at a certain RPM.

Blue,,, do you think that the tranny control can be added later? I'm thinking about buying an 5X this week.
Yes They are and yes it can. It can even be added to the truck in stock form.Im installing one on my 7.3 and also on a customers 6.0 this weekend.The 6.0 had the 5X Loader stacked with the MP8 which makes for and unbelievable ride and by adding the TC lock-up it will only get better because it will get all of the power to the ground :Thumbup: Its a win win win kinda deal.

IF IT AINT SMOKIN' IT MUST BE BROKEN!!
2001 F-350 CC,Lwb,2wd, Police Interceptor Pkg, TS Performance Enhanced.

If you only new the truth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode