The Diesel Garage banner

TS 5x opinions

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  BigBlue 
#1 ·
This is for ya'll that have ran it or are running it. I have already asked a couple of people how they liked it and how it ran. I'm thinking of ordering it and trying it out. What's ya'll opinion on it?

#3 ·
Well I went ahead and ordered today from one of the local diesel performance guys that knows Dennis pretty well along with another little module that will help the trans alot. I can't say yet who makes it cause it hasn't made it to the dealers yet. They have the price on it but they should be getting it within some time. I'm going to keep my mouth shut till a couple of vendors on here who sell the product say something. But I will give updates on how it works and acts. Lets say this is going to be a good package together. It might give the SCT a run for its money.

Mustang42, that's what I'm looking for know since it is going to be worked and played with. It's only going to be worked when going to bike rallies and special events otherwise it is all play. I know I spent all this time with the SCT and all that I have dealt with have spent all this time also. I would like to apologize for any inconvience. But when it is going to have a logo splattered across the tailgate there are some decisions that have to be made. I'm happy with what I got know but I'm tired of spending time for things with the shifting. I'm like my wife I'm happy but I'm not. My trans just does not like the SCT for some reason. Nothing is wrong with the trans at all just doesn't want to act like the rest of ya'll. For some reason I always get the truck that wants to do its own thing. It is nothing againest any of the vendors that I have dealt with. They have gone beyond the call of duty for me. It is just I'm getting busier at work and personal life that I don't have the time any more to deal with the SCT. Sorry for the sob story but I know someone is going to ask why I'm not running the SCT anymore.

#4 ·
Interesting. i think you'll enjoy the X5, and with extra tranny help you may have a good combo. Dennis can go from mild to wild as far as tunes.

Dom

#5 ·
I'm going wild on the 100 and 150 but lower somewhat mild/wild. I think since he is going to be tuning MY stock file out of my truck that will help out alot.

#6 ·
The 150 tune is a very "driveable" tune.

#7 ·
Im very impressed with mine. Shifting and throttle response are awesome. No worries here...

#8 ·
I think that TS is going the have a TC lock-up module for the 5X so you can control when you want it, maybe at a certain RPM.

Blue,,, do you think that the tranny control can be added later? I'm thinking about buying an 5X this week.

#9 ·
They are coming out with that.

#10 ·
DesertSands said:
I think that TS is going the have a TC lock-up module for the 5X so you can control when you want it, maybe at a certain RPM.

Blue,,, do you think that the tranny control can be added later? I'm thinking about buying an 5X this week.
Yes They are and yes it can. It can even be added to the truck in stock form.Im installing one on my 7.3 and also on a customers 6.0 this weekend.The 6.0 had the 5X Loader stacked with the MP8 which makes for and unbelievable ride and by adding the TC lock-up it will only get better because it will get all of the power to the ground :Thumbup: Its a win win win kinda deal.

#11 ·
Alright the cat's out of the bag. This is the control module that is coming hopefully by the end of this week. Dennis said he built it for his Dodge drag truck due to not wanting the driving to lose concentration. You set it at the desired mph you want it to engage and as you pass it it will engage it then if you drop below it will disengage it. As far as me be able to stack the MP-8 with it, I'm out of luck on that one because I have a 03'. Was told I could stack it with the Instigator 135. I'll try this later on after tranny upgrade. The torque convertor control module wires right into your tranny harness. So yes you can run it stock. This would be a great feature for guys pulling in stock or lighty modded form. I'm personally going to like it cause it is going to be written to MY stock file. Which will help out alot from some of the concerns I stated earlier. My truck is like my wife the one time a month, REALLY FRICKIN MOODY. You also won't believe what he is running for CP's. The 5x product, from talking to the regular diesel performance dealer I deal with for pretty much everything and with Mark Craig and Dennis himself, is going to be a very nice product. Like I said it is about like the SCT but he takes it a step further by using your stock file not a database. Also you are able to keep your stock file saved on your computer so if the retards with Ford decide to flash your truck and you don't like it you can always reflash it back. The 5x takes about less than a minute to switch between programs from what everyone is saying.:Thumbup: I'll give more updates when I finally get everything on and up running.

#12 ·
Got the 5x in Friday. Went to copy my stock file and it no worky. Called TS and told them the situation. I told them my processor code and they said it was not reconizing my computer and that I would have to be reflashed. So now I have found out why I'm SO many frickin issues with the SCT. My stock programming IS the original 03' programing. So now I'm back to where I started before I decided to move to a different programmer. Got my Triple Dog in today and put it back on. Truck drives with no concerns at all. Shifts at WOT at 3300 to 3400 rpms. What have I learned out of this? I'm going to leave well enough alone. So I'm offically back with the Bully Dog product and am going to stick with it. It frickin pisses me off but I AM NOT getting reflashed no way no how.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.