Bad SCT install??? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by HD_F250, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 880 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to HD_F250
Bad SCT install???

I had a problem the other day with a tune. I installed it and it was running bad. I would nail the throttle and it would blow a ton of black smoke and wouldn't hardly go...I reinstalled the same tune and it is running real hard now like it's suppose too...

Is it possible that the SCT installed the tune wrong or something messed up and caused the tune not to work properly??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 02:12 PM

I have had that happen with a variety of tunes from different tuners. I work with computers daily so I just chalk it up to some times data gets corrupt when transfered. Reload and if it works great.:Thumbup:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to HD_F250
Yea, I don’t know what happened. When just riding around it seemed to run fine until you stomped on the throttle. All it would do when you stomp on it was sit there and blow a ton of smoke and then after about 5 seconds it would go, but not like it should have. I noticed on the interstate the other day that it would blow tons of black smoke every hill I went up…

I re-installed it and it seems to be running like it should now, but I did not understand what happened. I guess when the file went into the computer it didn’t do what it was supposed to do or messed up while loading…I can’t think of anything else to explain it.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 06:44 PM

Perhaps it took your EBP sensor a time or too to recalibrate to it's new parameters...????? Cause those are the symptoms of one that's gone bad or at least my one...lol..
j.schall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode