Highest Power Tune Period - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Pourinthecoal, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 902 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
Strokin'

Highest Power Tune Period

Hey Guys,

Havn't been around for a while, but back in the diesel tuner saddle! Good to be back on this site. Got a fresh set of head gaskets, heads, studs, and factory injectors. I want maximum pow-pow from my next tunes, the engine is like brand new inside and out, and should be bulletproof. I've got the Suncoast Tranny and TQ Conv, so the trannies good to go too.

Now my questions:

I've been running Innovative's Extreme Sick Boost Tune, been awesome, but the cold start option I require in my climate makes the tranny shift terrible. And it seems to be getting worse. You guys know the sypmtoms with this. So this is what I want:

The highest HP tune possible with stock injectors/turbo etc., but engine/tranny built up for HP. I want firm quick shifts. The cold start option is optional at this time of the year, but I would like it. I've been out of the tuner thing for a while, so maybe there's a fix for the crappy shifts on cold start, but whats the sigle most powerful program out there with great shifts, period? Innovative Extreme Race Sick Boost... John Woods... Choke On my Smoke (sorry had too, or is this joke done with by now?)? Who's having the best Tuner service these days (Innovative, Biava, Kermit, etc - I know it couldn't be ATS).

I would appreciate any help on this. Also, who send their programs easily over e-mail (I live FAR away!). By the way its the 04 6.0L I'm talking about, with 4" MBRP Straight Pipe and AFE Stage 2 Intake. My last flash was the FSM6, has there been any recent reflashes I should know about?

Thanks guys!

P.S. Please don't clutter this thread with Choke funnies and ruin it...(I shouldn't have brought it up)

Cummins, Duramaxes, and Powerstrokes - some of each
Newest: 08 King Ranch - 8" Rize, 20" Monsters, 5" straight pipe, Spartan, Alien Patrol, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Strokin'
Threadstarter

What, no one wants to help me now?

Newest: 08 King Ranch - 8" Rize, 20" Monsters, 5" straight pipe, Spartan, Alien Patrol, etc.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 11:25 PM

welcome back ptc,
this forum takes a bit longer to get responses...but I think the cold start shift issues are worked out least they are on mine...anyway it seems like they are all busy as hell lately with new injectors and turbos to tune for...but whom ever you choose be sure to tell them that you have studs and a built tranny and Im sure they will give you more then the their standard file...
j.schall
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Strokin'
Threadstarter

Thanks jschall,

You're probably right, I'll just call up Innovative tomorrow and get them to send me up their craziest tune, it seems they're all at about the same level on the top end. Only thing about the cold start is that you're WAAAY down in Texas and I'm up here in northern Canada. Our cold start issues may be in a little different league!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 01:17 PM

I don't know if Domingo has put the cold weather fix in the Looney Tune yet but we could check. Let me know if we can help at all.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 08:37 PM

what does the cold weather start do? is it a high idle or something? sorry nt meaning to hijack
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 10:23 PM

Correct, the cold start's aren't an issue anymore. You should warm the truck up a bit before you drive it though. We cut the power when cold as much as possible, but with the high power files we can only cut it so much. Ford really cuts the power on the latest reflashes when cold, but we do make quite a bit more than stock so we're limited on the effects.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 07:53 PM

Let me get this correct with a cold file you only loose when the truck is cold, when it warms up you the power will increase? I choose not to have a cold tune right now because of summer time knocking on the door, but will need one this fall, but didnt get one now because I wanted a taste of the good life with power...but you can have both? I know it smokes like a tire burner now when I start it up...if I could get rid of that and still have power..damn sign me up!

Russ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode