Superchips Perf. Tune feels slower than Econ tune.. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by crappace, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 1536 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Superchips Perf. Tune feels slower than Econ tune..

I just switched my truck from the Economy mode to the Performance mode last night and it feels way slower now. Has anyone ever had this happen to them???

I know I am setting myself up for a ton of upgrade rips here.....but the thing felt fast when I first put the Econ one in, I really hope its not just me gettng used to it!

05 F350 CC Short Box FX4 PS 6.0 4x4. Airaid Intake, Superchip, MBRP 4" Off Road Turbo back, everything else stock...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Obviously Intuitive !

You hit the nail on the head...
the diff between a stock engine and ANY tuned engine is stunning... even 40 hp....

so the change from the economy tune to the "performance" tune on the superchip is minimal....

IIRC the dyno numbers on the Superchip were only in the 90 hp range even though they advertised at 150hp....

02/12 f250 CC SB Lariat Ultimate 4x4
dpf filter back mbrp and airlift airbags

05/05 4x4 EB Excursion -gone but not forgotten SCT enabled 1/8th 8.9 seconds....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 12:12 AM

Way back when I had the Superchips programmer in my truck I noticed the economy tune pulled way harder on the bottom end but when the truck got going the performance program pulled harder, go figure.

2004 F350 Built by Ford fixed by PDR Diesel, Xtreme tuned by InnovativeDiesel, gauges by ISSPRO
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks for the replys guys. The other thing I noticed in the light yesterday was the tons of black smoke its putting out now...way more than in the econ tune. Before the turbo spools up it really throws it out there. After the turbo gets going it chills out some.

05 F350 CC Short Box FX4 PS 6.0 4x4. Airaid Intake, Superchip, MBRP 4" Off Road Turbo back, everything else stock...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I switched it back to the Econ tune. It really pulls this way from the line to 80 and gives off less black smoke, when I dont want it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode