SCT-LL3 files... adjusting trans pressure? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by sredish, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 1040 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Texas XC Quad Racer

SCT-LL3 files... adjusting trans pressure?

I was putting in some new LL3 files and noticed in the options there are shift pressure percentages... anyone know if these are beneficial for adjusting harder shifts and what the best way to adjust them is? I mean, I think they were adjustable from 5 to 25 percent, should I start with the 5% and see how it works? Only problem is it takes a while to relearn everything so it'd take a week just to see one change from the next...

Black 03 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Shortbed Lariat - studded 6.0, sunroof, MBRP muff-less exhaust, SCT tuning, JW trans, Cobalts, lifted, ProComp Xtreme ATs, 4.56 gears, High-Angle CV Driveline, Warn 15k, AmpSteps, stainless brake lines, Powerslots /Hawk, AGR pump/gearbox/ram, projector headlamps and one heavy foot....

Audio: Kenwood DDX-8017 in-dash TV/DVD/GPS, kickpanel pods, MB Quart 1" tweets/5.25"mids in kicks, 6.5" midbass in doors, rear MB Quart 6x8, Fosgate amps / 3000 watts, 3 - JL 10w6's. Fully Dynamatted and foamed interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Mafia member #6

Garage
Go ahead and mess with it,not gonna hurt one thing.. I fine tuned mine also..

2011 SD F350 6.7L
White Platinum Tri Coat
Lariat Ultimate Pkg.
GenII Warn winch mount
Autospring 2" Leveling Kit
35/12.50/20 Toyo M/T's
Dually rear center light
6K HID Headlights/fogs

2008 SD CC 6.4L 4x4 (SOLD)
2010 Camo Outlander 800XT DPS
Rollin' on 30" zilla's

http://community.webshots.com/user/h...host=community
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Texas XC Quad Racer
Threadstarter

is the percentage number the amount in percent it reduces pressure or raises pressure or what?

Black 03 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Shortbed Lariat - studded 6.0, sunroof, MBRP muff-less exhaust, SCT tuning, JW trans, Cobalts, lifted, ProComp Xtreme ATs, 4.56 gears, High-Angle CV Driveline, Warn 15k, AmpSteps, stainless brake lines, Powerslots /Hawk, AGR pump/gearbox/ram, projector headlamps and one heavy foot....

Audio: Kenwood DDX-8017 in-dash TV/DVD/GPS, kickpanel pods, MB Quart 1" tweets/5.25"mids in kicks, 6.5" midbass in doors, rear MB Quart 6x8, Fosgate amps / 3000 watts, 3 - JL 10w6's. Fully Dynamatted and foamed interior.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Slaughterhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sredish
I was putting in some new LL3 files and noticed in the options there are shift pressure percentages... anyone know if these are beneficial for adjusting harder shifts and what the best way to adjust them is? I mean, I think they were adjustable from 5 to 25 percent, should I start with the 5% and see how it works? Only problem is it takes a while to relearn everything so it'd take a week just to see one change from the next...

Not that it matters but whos files are you running????
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 11:39 PM

You can go in both directions...

It does negative, and positive numbers. Negative decreases shift pressure, Positive increases. Be carefull on the positive side. That setting affects all shifts, both normal, and WOT. So if you push it up to much it could make the shifts REAL HARD.

I actually decreased mine by 5% for my vacation, since I was taking a long trip with the Family including my Wifes' Grandma, and I didn't want to give her wiplash when it shifted at WOT.

Later,
Loki

2006 F250 CC SB 4x4
4.5 Icon 4-Link, TEI Spacers, and 5 Inch rear Springs.
Farmboy Fabrication Traction Bars.
SCT XCalII tuned by GoGoDiesel, DJ's, and Spartan...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 12:30 AM

i adjusted mine up 10% 1-2 and 5% for 2-3 3-4 makes for a nice i know its not slipping feel.that was with the id ex,street.

06 f-350 amarillo 4x4 crew cab 20" wheels,sct,mbrp 304 ss 4''cool duels and quad pod,studds,coolant filter.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Texas XC Quad Racer
Threadstarter

It's with all tunes, and even stock. I have a new JW trans and haven't had a tune on it until today and it's been that way since I got it back. It works perfectly, only issue is this hard shift from 2 to 3. After talking with JW, it seems that it is most likely caused by improper break-in/relearn by the dealer when installed and it causes the computer to compensate by upping the pressure. There are a couple other possible causes, nothing major, but we can "tune" it out by dialing in the pressure through the SCT.

This is just the first time I've noticed having these options available and wasn't sure how well they worked.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode