bullydog or sct x2 - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by chvylac, this thread has received 12 replies and been viewed 1161 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

bullydog or sct x2

hey i have the sctx2 but a buddy of mine got the bullydog on his truck and it seems to be pretty dam fast with it what is the better overall and is there anything he needs to watch out for with the bullydog?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 03:54 AM
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #44

Send a message via AIM to 6point6 Send a message via MSN to 6point6
Transmission!

2006 CC FX4 PSD 6.0 (GONE)

2005 LLY Duramax CC SB 4x4 - PPE Hot +2 ET on Level 8, MBRP 4" Straight piped Exhaust, PPE Intake, 315 Cooper STT's on stockers!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 01:26 AM
Window Licker

Transmission maybe. I haven't had any concerns out of mine at all. I run the hell out of mine with the tripple dog and have not had one problem yet. And yes I'm running in the Extreme setting at all times. Now I did have shifting concerns with the SCT but that is due to my truck and it's original 03 programming. Don't have shifting concerns anymore. They finally cleared up yesterday. I got all of the traces of the SCT finally out so no more shift flare. I know of another that has ran it for over 40,000 miles with no concerns at all either. Last time I was at the track I ran 8.9 in the 1/8 mile consectively with my defuel set at 1250F. Only thing I can think of with the bullydog is watching EGT's but with the latest version, they are running about the same as with the SCT. Nice thing about the Tripple Dog is it is a shift on the fly programmer. When you do change power levels there is NO relearning of the trans shifting at all.

1997 Dodge 2500 CUMMINS 5 spd 4x4, 16* timing, #10 plate, pump mods that make it go real hard, 3gsk, South Bend Con FE, studded and o-ringed, AEM Workhorse intake, Straight 4 inch exhaust into 6" Aussie tip Black powder coated stacks, modified turbo non wastegated now and the two big cowbells are now residing on my Goat. Smokes like a freight train and "Hey I got a goat finally!!!!!"

Now my wife's:2006 F-150 Crewcab XLT 4.6L V8 with every option available.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 03:20 PM

One Bad...Have you ever run a Bully Dog Triple Dog? I haven't had any complaints regarding the transmission shifting on the Ford as long as the truck isn't being hammered all the time. The 5R110 likes the smooth aggressive tune. If you hammer the transmission all the time with any tuner you run the risk of trans slippage developing. The Bully Dog Triple Dog is very tranny friendly more so than most.:Thumbup:

2008 Newmar Essex 525HP CAT w/mystery box
2010 Roush 427R Convertible
2009 F150 SCrew
2007 Dodge 5.9L "SmokdU"

They only look stock........:evil:
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 06:55 PM
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #44

no but I have ran the powerpup and know what it will do to solenoids!

2005 LLY Duramax CC SB 4x4 - PPE Hot +2 ET on Level 8, MBRP 4" Straight piped Exhaust, PPE Intake, 315 Cooper STT's on stockers!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Window Licker

I thought the same thing to about the Tripple Dog but in actual reality it was my stock program not accepting the SCT. So I replaced mine for nothing. Lariat, I'll admit I hammer the hell out of mine all the time but I only drive it on the weekends. I think mine likes the Aggresive or it could be I like it one of the two.

1997 Dodge 2500 CUMMINS 5 spd 4x4, 16* timing, #10 plate, pump mods that make it go real hard, 3gsk, South Bend Con FE, studded and o-ringed, AEM Workhorse intake, Straight 4 inch exhaust into 6" Aussie tip Black powder coated stacks, modified turbo non wastegated now and the two big cowbells are now residing on my Goat. Smokes like a freight train and "Hey I got a goat finally!!!!!"

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 12:33 AM
Destroked

I rode in a truck at Tenn. with a triple dog and it wasnt very impressive to me whatsoever. Power or shifting..... It smoked quite a bit, but thats about all....:shrug: :

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI, auto, 18x8 ASA AR3 wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT's
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 03:30 AM
Window Licker

come on down here to Tx. and come for a ride in one that will actually run right with it. Powerwise they both feel the same on my truck. Now I'm not going to say it runs the same on all of them but mine does feel very strong with it. As a matter of fact now that I think about it I have seen a buddies 05' that I suggested he buy the Tripple Dog. He did and I do have to say they are both different trucks. His seems like it is not getting all of the extreme program personally. I'm running 8.9 seconds consectively with the Tripple Dog which is in the ballpark with the SCT. I might could do better with a more aggresive trans rebuild. We'll see in the fall.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 03:33 AM
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #44

I know guys with cc 4x4 6.0's running nothing but sct running 8.70's....so the bullydog is not in the same ballpark.....just my .002!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 04:12 AM
Window Licker

It's in the ballpark maybe in the outfield but it is close. 2 tenths difference. Mine was ran with a defuel that would kick in at the 330' mark. I kicked the defuel up and was losing traction in 4 hi. I already know I need better tires for drag racing cause of it. Stock Firestone's suck for that. I also know I way more than most cause of my homemade gooseneck, camper shell, and I didn't even empty the truck out. I may not get full control of the trans. but for an out of the box programmer for all three manf. it can hang. But I still get to keep all my original 03' programming features too like pilot injection and that nasty aggressive tow/haul mode. I don't ever have to change programs I just change them on the fly. I not trying to say SCT isn't the way to go. I just saying you might get this kind of performance out of another product. Also keep in mind this is the only programmer I can actually get my truck to accept. I have tried everything on the market and I mean everything. I can't even get the Powerpup to work and it is about the same thing as the Tripple Dog.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode