SCT Shifting Help Please - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by wellstroked, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 1692 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

SCT Shifting Help Please

This one's a little weird but I know you guys can help.

I recently downloaded some new programs to my SCT. One for towing and one for everyday street use. While I was trying them back-to-back to see if I liked them (I did) I used the SCT menu to bump up shift pressures (1-2 & 2-3) a little to see what effect that would have. Since then, I can't get those two shifts back to normal and they're way too harsh, especially at light throttle. I've re-loaded programs both to the SCT and to the vehicle, no difference. I've loaded the stock program and it shifts fine, re-load one of the SCT tunes and the first two shifts are really firm again.

Any ideas from the SCT gurus? And, yes, I've e-mailed my dealer but have not received a response yet.

Thanks in advance for any help.

WS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 08:34 PM

If it is set right with the xcal and put on the truck with the right settings then I would disconect the battaries for 30min..(turn on head lights to pull out any residual) connect them back and then reload the tune....that will make the tranny forget what it has learned and revert back to programed parameters....my 2 cents...
j.schall
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Not arguing, but if it's a memory issue, how does it shift fine with the stock program? I will try your suggestion, you never know with these newfangled computer things...........
Thanks,

WS
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:24 PM

The shifting fine stock would make me think your settings are not saved correctly on the sct..but Im just joining the xcal2 club and know little about user control parameters for now...sorry...the battary disconect won't hurt anything...might help...
j.schall
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Just tried the battery disconnect, didn't help. Re-loaded the street program and after 8-10 shifts, was back to being pretty harsh. Once again, it's a very sharp shift at low throttles setings. If you hammer it, it's a nice clean, crisp shift. At low speed, it feels like you're hurting something.

Any other ideas?

WS
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 02:17 AM

I am assuming you are playing with an LL3 file based tune. If when you are uploading the tune, you selected optional parameters the first time, and upped the shift pressure, those setting are saved in the SCT as your default settings for that particular tune. You need to go back into the optional parameters, and set the shift pressure back to zero, then save and upload to the truck. The same thing happened to me when I decreased my pressures for vacation with the family.

Hope that helps.

Loki

2006 F250 CC SB 4x4
4.5 Icon 4-Link, TEI Spacers, and 5 Inch rear Springs.
Farmboy Fabrication Traction Bars.
SCT XCalII tuned by GoGoDiesel, DJ's, and Spartan...
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 03:23 AM
Texas XC Quad Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellstroked
Just tried the battery disconnect, didn't help. Re-loaded the street program and after 8-10 shifts, was back to being pretty harsh. Once again, it's a very sharp shift at low throttles setings. If you hammer it, it's a nice clean, crisp shift. At low speed, it feels like you're hurting something.

Any other ideas?

WS
Mine is doing damn near the same thing since I put in the new trans. I've tried about 4 tunes and only one gets somewhat better. I've tried backing off the pressure via the Xcal2 parameters and I don't really notice a difference. I've been told about 4 or 5 different things, the first that it could be a solenoid going out. Mine is pretty much the 2 to 3 shift. Stock, it shifts pretty good, put some power on it and BAM!

Black 03 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Shortbed Lariat - studded 6.0, sunroof, MBRP muff-less exhaust, SCT tuning, JW trans, Cobalts, lifted, ProComp Xtreme ATs, 4.56 gears, High-Angle CV Driveline, Warn 15k, AmpSteps, stainless brake lines, Powerslots /Hawk, AGR pump/gearbox/ram, projector headlamps and one heavy foot....

Audio: Kenwood DDX-8017 in-dash TV/DVD/GPS, kickpanel pods, MB Quart 1" tweets/5.25"mids in kicks, 6.5" midbass in doors, rear MB Quart 6x8, Fosgate amps / 3000 watts, 3 - JL 10w6's. Fully Dynamatted and foamed interior.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Loki,

Thanks but I've tried that too. I even DECREASED the value 5, 10, 15 percent with no effect. As to a solenoid, it shifts fine with the stock tune so I'm assuming no trans issues.

I'm stumped, maybe some of the delaers will chime in. Heck, maybe I'll even hear from my delaer............

WS
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Fixed it all by myself.........
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 04:25 PM

wellstroked,
what did you do for us ignorant floks trying to give you a hand....:shrug:
Hope she is all good...
j.schall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode