What Settings Are You Running on Juice Platinum? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Kosmo04, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 674 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

What Settings Are You Running on Juice Platinum?

Just wondering what settings (ex. low boost fueling adj., tranny control, etc.) you guys are using. I installed mine a few days ago and have been playing around with the settings but just wanted to know what seems to be the "optimal" settings as you might say. I know it depends on personal preference and driving habits, so if you could include that too it would be greatly appreciated. Also what kinda mileage are you getting? Thanks!

Kosmo

2005 F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Box Dually
6.0L Powerstroke, TorqShift Auto, 4.10, 4x4
Edge Juice Platinum w/Attitude
K&N FIPK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 08:05 PM
MARK1959

I set mine to SCT mode.:Thumbup:

06 F-250 King Ranch 4X4, Afe Stage II, Air Fury, SCT , Banks Techni-Cooler, Fluiddampr, AirDog, Pace Edwards Bedlocker, 4" turbo-back exhaust, Bilstein shocks, Premier fuel cell, Powershot 2000
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 08:17 PM

I have mine set on tc lock up, defuel 90% on locked shifts. Last week I got ans SCT with the "EXTREME" tune and it kicks the Platinum all together!! (As much as I hate to admit it.) The Platinum is a really neat set up, but the tranny controls don't really control that much. In my experience with it.:shrug:

2011 Ford F-450 XLT
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Mark I would set mine on SCT mode IF my truck didnt weigh more than 8K lbs and if I wasnt pulling a 46ft. horse trailer. SCT is great I will say, but Edge has some advantages that appealed to my needs more than SCT did.

Kosmo

K&N FIPK
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 08:57 PM

Garage
Like what? Just curious, I'm on the fence still. :sofa
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

After doing much research on it finally came to the conclusion, and after talking with ATS on it, SCT is great for tunes if you want to be a fast truck, less towing. Edge tends to be right in the middle, but suited me more for everyday driving with a little kick when I want it, plus some heavy towing. All the built in gauges, for instance ill name a few that all come on the Edge Attitude-Boost, EGT, Barometric PSI,Battery Volts, Speed MPH, Engine Coolant Temp, Engine Oil Temp, Gear (also if Torque Converters locked), Intake air Temp, Load %, Run Time, Trans Slip %, Trans Temp, Throttle %, Boost, RPM, and one of the most useful to me- Backdown % due to High EGT's. Add that on to 6 levels of power that can be changed anytime and I couldnt pass it up. If I wanted more power, I would stack my Edge with an ATS Six-Stage Chip. Ive had great luck with the Tranny upgrades on it to, and the importance of a good tranny tune is very important to me.

Some might argue with me on this, its all personal preference though.

K&N FIPK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode