Does TS 5X read codes - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by fullservice, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 815 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Does TS 5X read codes

Does the TS 5X read and erase codes? Also does it let you modify any settings yourself? They sure don't publish much info on these things. They say custom tunes available, but not what type of custom or if they cost more or if they tweak their standard tunes for price of downloader. Can and do they turn off the egr with them? Raise RPM limits, speed limits, lock TQ on downshift in Tow/Haul mode etc. Would like to see some real Hp and Torque graphs from a dyno test on these things. They don't even mention torque, just Hp in ads. I,ve heard they tow good because they run nice and cool. Is that because they don't make much power or does everyone change to a low power setting for towing? Can't some of the SCT "super tuners" make a tune that runs just as cool while making just as much power as the 5X? In the past with my 2002 towing a 16,000 # trailer up mountains in Colo. I had a SuperChips that I kept on the highest setting and just used my foot and gears to keep EGT and tranny temp under control. Can't I get on of these SCT or 5X and set it for big power and do the same?
Scan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 08:09 PM

Well I can't answer many of your questions but I can on two, I have been running the 5X on the 135hp tune and if you want some new rear tires sooner than later you got it. I get a fair amount of smoke if that's important to you. I haven't held the thing on the floor for very long but I haven't seen higher than around 1000 on my egt gauge. The 100hp is also fun. I will most likely tow my 16K+ toybox on the 75hp for starters and adjust from there. You can email or call TS and ask all those questions and if you do, post your finding here ok.

2005 F-350, 6.0, Lariat, 4X4,CC,LB,Torqshift, 8" lift, Toyo 37" O.C. 18" Mazzi Hulk Wheels, Billet Grill, Isspro A-pillar gauges,AFE 4"TB exhaust w/no muff,4:56's, Firestone Air Bags, SCT X-cal2, ARP's
SCT tunes BY Eric. and Viv', WC Motorsports anti-wobble track bar
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 09:22 PM

As far as i know it doesnt read codes. it does turn off the EGR, rpm limits are slightly different unless im mistaken, the tow haul remains the same unless you ask for something different, and the speed limiter is removed.

As far as the SCT goes, ive never had one so i dont know a ton about it.

Their definition of custom tunes are different than others. Custom to them means making alterations for other modifications, IE turbos, injectors, etc. sure dennis can remove the fuel limiters, make injection timing changes, and all sorts of other changes to your liking, but thats not custom in his eyes

Hope this helps a little!
Dominick
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 09:51 PM
fordt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullservice
Does the TS 5X read and erase codes? Also does it let you modify any settings yourself?
No it doesn't read or erase codes.
No it doesn't allow for any end user adjustability.

For more information price wise I would suggest calling TS or one of the vendors that sell their products:Thumbup:
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Window Licker

This is some info from Dennis himself on it cause I asked a billion questions myself. It does not read trouble codes. It does shut off the EGR. He changes fuel tables which in return changes the shifting and how the trans reacts to it. He does not lock the Trq convertor on any programs. It takes about a minute to change between programs. He writes the files according to your stock file that you copy on it and send to him. All in all it is a very good programmer as is the SCT is. SCT will give you massive power but safely also on the trans. The 5x gives great power but it is more linear than the SCT. They are both excellent programmers. The only thing is I personally have not run them do to my truck wanting to be stubborn.

1997 Dodge 2500 CUMMINS 5 spd 4x4, 16* timing, #10 plate, pump mods that make it go real hard, 3gsk, South Bend Con FE, studded and o-ringed, AEM Workhorse intake, Straight 4 inch exhaust into 6" Aussie tip Black powder coated stacks, modified turbo non wastegated now and the two big cowbells are now residing on my Goat. Smokes like a freight train and "Hey I got a goat finally!!!!!"

Now my wife's:2006 F-150 Crewcab XLT 4.6L V8 with every option available.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode