SCT tranny shifting in low range..... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by diesel dan, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 776 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Destroked

SCT tranny shifting in low range.....

With an SCT, are the shift points and pressures the same in Low range as they are in High range??...I know that tow/haul doesnt work in low range. (At least in my truck it doesnt) Just wondering, cause I'm going to a pull this Sat. and my hot file has t/c lock in 2nd gear...Just wanting to make sure it still locks in 2nd in low range.....

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI, auto, 18x8 ASA AR3 wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 12:31 AM

If you put the truck in drive and just let it do its thing you will not get lockup in 2nd, that's because the trans does a 1-3 shift in 4x4 low. You should get lockup in 3rd. If you manually shift it, then you'll hit 2nd but lockup will really depend on where the tuner has it set, more than likely you'll get lu in 2nd. With a stock turbo I have seen the best sled pulling by just starting in drive. With a big turbo the 1-3 shift is too much rpm drop and kills my bigger turbo.

Tadd

Tadd Layton - Elite Diesel Engineering SCT Tuner for 6.0L/7.3L Ford using cylinder pressure measurements for peak power and engine reliability. www.elitedieseleng.com

Powering some of the most powerful 6.0s & 6.4s

VGT-SSThe originator, since January 2005.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Destroked
Threadstarter

Thanks...its gonna be my first time with this truck, (and a 6.0) and I just want to do halfway decent....Im gonna be 80 miles from home though so I'm gonna take it a little easy anyway.....:deal:

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 05:32 PM

if you put your truck in nutral while in 4-low shut the truck off,turn the key on do not start the truck with key on hit tow haul button on,then start the truck you will then have tow/haul in 4-low.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 02:38 AM Thread Starter
Destroked
Threadstarter

Well....I pulled today...not the best pull in the world but okay...I think I'll take off in 2nd then hit 3rd and leave it next time. I put it in drive and nailed it and when it went from 1st to 3rd and locked the converter it was a little too much. I'll post the vid tommorow.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode