Edge Juice W/ attitude ??? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by badboy47, this thread has received 12 replies and been viewed 2712 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Edge Juice W/ attitude ???

I found a good deal on the juice with attitude, so I picked it up. I haven't had the chance to get air intake and exhaust yet (ordering this week) My question is......will this thing settle down after installing exhaust and intake? After I put it on went to road test, EGT and boost kept alarming and defuling, had great power in different levels but as soon as the alarms started the defueling was really making me upset. Anyone with any comments or suggestion fire away. By the way I am not trying to go all out, these 3 mods are probably all I am looking to do.

Thanks

03 F250 6.0L Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Too much into it now...

Forget about the exhaust, and intake...
You better save up for a new tranny.
(Ask yourself why the last guy is selling it...if it's from a friend...he's/she's not a friend)
Not too many people have had luck with the Edge/Attitude combe for '03's and '04's.
READ THIS: "IT WILL KILL YOUR TRANNY!"laugh
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 12:55 AM
fordt

Yeah....pretty much what he said..
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 01:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to Badstang
Sell it on eBay and buy yourself a SCT.

2004 Red F-250 Lariat 4X4 CrewCab SCT Xcal2 W/Custom Tunes from Innovative Diesel,
Banks 4in Monster Exhaust, AirRaid, Zoodad, 3 Guage Pod w/Ultra Lite Guages,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5C2qYtUqfg
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 01:55 AM
Texas XC Quad Racer

either sell it and buy an SCT or keep it and never go over 3 on the power.

Black 03 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Shortbed Lariat - studded 6.0, sunroof, MBRP muff-less exhaust, SCT tuning, JW trans, Cobalts, lifted, ProComp Xtreme ATs, 4.56 gears, High-Angle CV Driveline, Warn 15k, AmpSteps, stainless brake lines, Powerslots /Hawk, AGR pump/gearbox/ram, projector headlamps and one heavy foot....

Audio: Kenwood DDX-8017 in-dash TV/DVD/GPS, kickpanel pods, MB Quart 1" tweets/5.25"mids in kicks, 6.5" midbass in doors, rear MB Quart 6x8, Fosgate amps / 3000 watts, 3 - JL 10w6's. Fully Dynamatted and foamed interior.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 12:14 AM
The Guy Mom Warned About

Send a message via AIM to Fantom3993
Are you using the edge, or edge platinum? I've had the platinum for about 10k miles, happy to report no problems; transmission or otherwise. If you're using the platinum, you'll be ok. If it's the "old" edge, then your tranny may be in danger.

John - 2004 Harley F250 Black/Competition Orange All the factory goodies, '05 Black Harley Headlights, Silverline 4'' Duals W/5'' Chrome Tips, Edge Platinum, Sirius Satellite,Pioneer AVIC D3

2001 Ford F550 XLT, Torreador Red,
7.3 Diesel, auto trans. chrome 19.5's
Rugby Dump Body, painted to match.

2004 F250 Reg Cab Long Box XL. Upgraded chrome grille and clear headlights from '04 Harley. Lariat Alloys and Factory CD/Cassette (Totaled 10/2/09)

1995 F350 Crew Cab Dually XLT, 460 Gas hog.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 10:52 AM

It amazes me that Edge is a sponsor or supported vendor (what ever it means to be on the front page) or is even listed on this site given the amount of people who bash it here.
I am not suggesting that the Juice over the Juice Platinum did not have its issues either BTW. I have had my Platinum with Attitude monitor for 3-4 months now and I really think it works great. I drive my truck daily, tow a camper, and take road trips in it throughout Colorado across high mountain passes. I have all the alerts set and they have protected me several times (EGT overboost) when I am not paying attention, and I regularly switch between fuel mileage mode and the different levels (on the fly) when I feel like just getting on it a little. I agree the transmission shifting is not perfect but I have been slowly adjusting the amount of defueling between shifts down (less defueling between shifts is harder on the tranny) until I am comfortable with what my tranny can handle. I think this is a good way to go about it as every transmission has its limits based on condition, maintenance and power level. I also regularly use the turbo timer to shut my truck off at a preset EGT and have it adjusted to show my real speed with my 35 inch tires. I have the Attitude mounted on top of the dash and find myself using the EGT/MPH/Boost/engine oil temp guage more than my factory gauges.

I had a hot program on my 7.3 with exhaust gauges intake and a host of other modifications and I think the abuse I gave my truck was excessive and in the end I donít think my truck lasted as well as it could have. Keep in mind that is not any one of the vendors fault just that I had a hot truck with no safety mechanisms that I loved to pound on. In hindsight a $50k truck may not be the best application for that unspent energy. I made a choice on the new truck to modify it like a Banks package only a little hotter yet have most if not all the same safety mechanisms to have my motor/tranny see long term use.

If you read the forums there are SCTs that have ruined transmissions but they do not garner the notoriety Edge does. In fact there are several posts where people even ask if prior to the SCT someone ran an Edge because the SCT simply could never ruin a tranny . I am certainly not trying to start a brand war or bash SCT, and even if I was, I am sure several people would never believe an SCT can do anything badly but spend some time and do some research. I did personally come close to going with the SCT, and I think if you are looking for ďall outĒ performance go SCT. If you want a tuner with gauges that you can have some percentage of the performance with shift between power levels on the fly, and have it protect the truck from you and occasionally run hard Edge makes a good product. Also be aware if you buy the Edge set the power level to the max with 0 defuel and none of the protections on so that you can show your neighbors what a cool burnout you can do, you will probably have problems with the Edge.

I also think you see more people on all sites bashing products more than giving a good reviews. The frustration of a product not working up to expectations is much more motivational for posting than a product that is working good. I have started to post a thread like this several times only to pull back because I know the SCT guys will come out of the woodwork to bash Edge and say why SCT is superior for any application out there. I am not going to get in a thread war here, I am simply giving my 2 cents worth of opinion which is as we all know just like an A-hole.
Dennis
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 12:27 PM

I had a stock SCT on my 05" hated it, it was all smoke no glory, shifted horrible, only ran from about 30 to 60, fuel mileage was horrible, tow tune gave no extra power, wouldnt correct tire size-sure you could put it in but it was still off. Edge Ez would smoke my SCT from about 70mph on

I currently have ran edge ez, dr. performance predator, SCT, Triple Dog, currently am trying TS 5x-like it ok, runs smooth shifts great-smoke alot from 100hp on, more than my SCT. the Triple Dog was the one that ran the best all through the powerband, but shifting isnt great, never had crazy larry, my buddy does and it will roast the tires if you nail it at 30 or 40mph, 4dr 4x4 longbed with 35's
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Texas XC Quad Racer

Edge makes good power by my SOTP when I had it. I was really happy with the power. I did feel a little more power with my SCT though. I think the Edge with a tranny file would be great. We'll wait to see how the new Edge Platinum works out.

Black 03 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Shortbed Lariat - studded 6.0, sunroof, MBRP muff-less exhaust, SCT tuning, JW trans, Cobalts, lifted, ProComp Xtreme ATs, 4.56 gears, High-Angle CV Driveline, Warn 15k, AmpSteps, stainless brake lines, Powerslots /Hawk, AGR pump/gearbox/ram, projector headlamps and one heavy foot....

Audio: Kenwood DDX-8017 in-dash TV/DVD/GPS, kickpanel pods, MB Quart 1" tweets/5.25"mids in kicks, 6.5" midbass in doors, rear MB Quart 6x8, Fosgate amps / 3000 watts, 3 - JL 10w6's. Fully Dynamatted and foamed interior.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 11:51 PM

I ran edge with attitude for 37k miles. Never shifted correctly over 3/3 so thats were I left it. All was well. Drove well made good power and BINGO tranny said bye bye.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode