Time to order SCT - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jello, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 825 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Time to order SCT

I've had the truck for almost a year now and I'm ordering an Xcal2 next week.(don't know were yet)

Is there any problems with early 03 builds (Feb 03 engine) and Sct?

1) I want a high horsepower race tune for the track
2) I would like a strong street tune with good drivability
3) An economy file for highway (steady 2000rpm cruising) because I drive 100 miles round trip to work every day.
4) need to work good on cold mornings

Truck is stock except for 4" turbo back exhaust and no cat.
tag on pcm shows BKG8.

Is all of this posibble?

Any feedback from guys running sct for a long time would be great.

Thanks.:Thumbup:

2003 F-350 King Ranch 6" lift, SCT, MBRP no cat or muff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 07:45 PM

I've been running my SCT for a while now, still have my sct1 with the original tunes. I've tried all three tunes that came with it economy, tow, extreme and have found I like the driveability and fuel economy of the extreme. For some reason I actually get better economy in extreme than the others. As far as cold mornings mine starts and runs fine in the cold, just take it easy on it till it reaches operating temperature and you'll be fine. I'm sure the tunes have come a long ways since I got mine, and one of these days I'll upgrade the tunes and maybe the tuner, but am defenitely satisfied with what I've got.

2004 F350 Built by Ford fixed by PDR Diesel, Xtreme tuned by InnovativeDiesel, gauges by ISSPRO
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 04:10 PM

The 3.5 & 04 model 6.0L had both the head bolt stretch and headgasket issues. running a strong extreme tune is asking for trouble. A medium performance tune with preset safety features would probably work best.

2008 Newmar Essex 525HP CAT w/mystery box
2010 Roush 427R Convertible
2009 F150 SCrew
2007 Dodge 5.9L "SmokdU"

They only look stock........:evil:
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Texas XC Quad Racer

As LT sad, a nice aggressive street tune is what you need, not a full-out race tuen. In regards to economy, with "normal driving", the more aggressive tunes will yield better economy. With a good aggressive street tune, you'll have plenty of power, probably as much as the Bully Dog's more agressive stuff, great economy and everything you need.

EDIT: Another thing, when you put new tires, if your still running the stock size tires, an oversize tire like a 33" tire will get you a tad bit better mileage by bringing the rpms down a little. On my truck, with a good program and 35" tires (stock gearing), I was getting 20.5 mpg on the highway and 18.5 city, give or take a couple tenths. I think, with the stock gearing and an SCT, 35" tires are the ideal setup.

Black 03 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Shortbed Lariat - studded 6.0, sunroof, MBRP muff-less exhaust, SCT tuning, JW trans, Cobalts, lifted, ProComp Xtreme ATs, 4.56 gears, High-Angle CV Driveline, Warn 15k, AmpSteps, stainless brake lines, Powerslots /Hawk, AGR pump/gearbox/ram, projector headlamps and one heavy foot....

Audio: Kenwood DDX-8017 in-dash TV/DVD/GPS, kickpanel pods, MB Quart 1" tweets/5.25"mids in kicks, 6.5" midbass in doors, rear MB Quart 6x8, Fosgate amps / 3000 watts, 3 - JL 10w6's. Fully Dynamatted and foamed interior.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks for the replies.

I ordered one from Doug a couple of days ago.

I guess I'll have to replace those headgaskets when they go and get some headstuds to replace those bolts.:Thumbup:

:thanks:

2003 F-350 King Ranch 6" lift, SCT, MBRP no cat or muff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode