Anyone encounter problems with Edge Platinum? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Fantom3993, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 1290 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
The Guy Mom Warned About

Send a message via AIM to Fantom3993
Anyone encounter problems with Edge Platinum?

Alright I know "we hate the edge, it killed my tranny, SCT rules" and so fourth: But I'm wondering about the guys like me who have had the Edge Platinum for a few thousand miles. Anyone encounter any problems as of yet? Any dead transmissions? Popped Head Gaskets? So far so good here. Just wondering about the rest of the Edge guys.

John - 2004 Harley F250 Black/Competition Orange All the factory goodies, '05 Black Harley Headlights, Silverline 4'' Duals W/5'' Chrome Tips, Edge Platinum, Sirius Satellite,Pioneer AVIC D3

2001 Ford F550 XLT, Torreador Red,
7.3 Diesel, auto trans. chrome 19.5's
Rugby Dump Body, painted to match.

2004 F250 Reg Cab Long Box XL. Upgraded chrome grille and clear headlights from '04 Harley. Lariat Alloys and Factory CD/Cassette (Totaled 10/2/09)

1995 F350 Crew Cab Dually XLT, 460 Gas hog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19

14k half of which has been pulling the fiver and not a hint of a problem here. I did find out that if you put your Edge on the "learn always" on the trans program it has a better 3-4 upshift under hard acceration. You find any secrets? Still thinking about the number for unlocking the HP, not sure I need it, just would like to have it.

What four things do you have on your read out? I have boost, EGT, trans temp and gear on mine.

LargeCar

LargeCar

Mafia # 19 The Dually Club # 19

If a country does not remember and honor its fallen heroes of the past, in the future that country will not be honored or remembered.

G.R. Wemmer

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
The Guy Mom Warned About
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to Fantom3993
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeCar
14k half of which has been pulling the fiver and not a hint of a problem here. I did find out that if you put your Edge on the "learn always" on the trans program it has a better 3-4 upshift under hard acceration. You find any secrets? Still thinking about the number for unlocking the HP, not sure I need it, just would like to have it.

What four things do you have on your read out? I have boost, EGT, trans temp and gear on mine.

LargeCar
No problems on mine after a bit over 10K, and I'm usually on it pretty good. I'm pretty happy with the shifting, maybe I'll try that "learn always" trick.

I'll get around to the Hot Juice unlock one of these days, just so I can say that I have it.

My readout is: Boost, EGT, Tans. Temp, Backdown %

John - 2004 Harley F250 Black/Competition Orange All the factory goodies, '05 Black Harley Headlights, Silverline 4'' Duals W/5'' Chrome Tips, Edge Platinum, Sirius Satellite,Pioneer AVIC D3

2001 Ford F550 XLT, Torreador Red,
7.3 Diesel, auto trans. chrome 19.5's
Rugby Dump Body, painted to match.

2004 F250 Reg Cab Long Box XL. Upgraded chrome grille and clear headlights from '04 Harley. Lariat Alloys and Factory CD/Cassette (Totaled 10/2/09)

1995 F350 Crew Cab Dually XLT, 460 Gas hog.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 09:58 PM

I have one. Installed at about 1,300 miles in Nov 2005. I just hit 25,000 miles this week.

The first version I had was good as long as I used it on #3 or less. Otherwise there were occasionally some tranmission flares during shifting. Also, the module would not enter the "always learn" mode.

I contacted Edge and they switched out my unit in February of 2006. I have not had any "unsolvable" shifting problems. If you make a big change, like going from # 3 to #5, there can be shifting concerns. The solution is to let (or make) the computer learn again. The nice shifts quickly return.

Last May, the display on my unit went very dim. Edge swapped the display out under warrantee.

I have not had any transmission problems or repairs. I like the unit. Edge has shown good customer service.

I do not have the hot code either. If I go further, I'm gonna put in studs, injectors, a turbo... At that point, I'll have to go with an SCT.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 01:31 AM
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19

Oops I forgot. I did have the backlight on the monitor go out, Edge shipped me a new on and a free return package.

LargeCar

LargeCar

Mafia # 19 The Dually Club # 19

If a country does not remember and honor its fallen heroes of the past, in the future that country will not be honored or remembered.

G.R. Wemmer

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 10:04 PM

Have been running the Platinum for about 7500 miles. Many passes on the 1/4 mile track. No problems at all. I even have the hot code and an Evolution stacked on top of that. No head problems as of yet. When the gasket finally blows then I'll get the arp head studs and hypermax fire rings, but until then, I'm having a ball at the track!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Real Trucks Have 2 Sticks

Garage
16,000 miles on my platinum, not one problem yet. I am very happy with it. My screen usually displays engine temp., corrected speed, egt, and boost.

2008 GMC 2500hd duramax cc sb 4 linked solid axle, 38'' toyos on 20" novakanes
www.renntransportation.com
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 02:53 PM

Had mine for about 6k now, have had no problems with it. I pull a 47' horse trailer maxing out at around 19k fully loaded with no problems pretty much every weekend. Just got back from Tulsa a few days ago. Ill have to look into that "learn always" tranny trick. My gauges are set to boost, eng temp, tranny temp, and egt. I love mine, would take it over SCT, banks, bully, and anything else anyday. Nothing against them, just the edge has everything I want and need. Very pleased.

2005 F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Box Dually
6.0L Powerstroke, TorqShift Auto, 4.10, 4x4
Edge Juice Platinum w/Attitude
K&N FIPK
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 11:25 PM

I have had mine for 2,000 miles. No issues. I love it! I smoked my buddy who had the Banks 6 gun which made me even happier.

I have EGT, boost, eng temp and trans temp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode