DJ's economy tune? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by cmkworm, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 1022 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation DJ's economy tune?

Anyone try it? I run on his street tune and thought about switching!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 11:13 PM

as strange as it seems to me, and i may have misunderstood, but i talked to him yesterday and he said you will get better MPG with the street tune or even the track tune. which leads me to believe that for my 3 tunes i would get the street, race and the tow. don't know if that helps, but i thought i would throw it out there.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thanks, many say the same thing, I just don't tow so I didn't get it!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 12:41 PM

When I got some tunes from Vivian, I asked about the economy tune, and the Tow tune. I ended up getting a Tow tune, with some economy mixed in. It is the Tune I use daily. Smooth shifts, but pulls REAL hard above 45 with the TC locked...great on the highway, with or without a load. Plus I am seeing about 1.5 - 2 MPG better. It has just enough get up and go to show up about anything I run into.

When I really want to show somebody what's up, I put in Doug's Gonzo, or DJ's Looney tune. :93C_peelo Right now I prefer Doug's Gonzo for all out power, but that is just seat of the pants, I have no numbers to back that up.

2006 F250 CC SB 4x4
4.5 Icon 4-Link, TEI Spacers, and 5 Inch rear Springs.
Farmboy Fabrication Traction Bars.
SCT XCalII tuned by GoGoDiesel, DJ's, and Spartan...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 09:44 PM

i actually talked to them again today, and vivian said it is more for stop and go. more pickup right from a dead stop. should be good for most of the driving i do. we'll see.....
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 11:32 PM

You will not be disappointed with DJ's tunes. Great people and kick ***** tunes
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 02:34 AM
Window Licker

I got their newest Tow/Econo tune for the TEC6 and all I can say is :Thumbup: :evil: :bow: . Had about 13,000 lbs and when pulling it I never knew it was back there. I took off from a stand still a little too much on the throttle and the rear tires broke loose till about 25 mph. Course the sheriff's department had something to say about it. No ticket just couldn't believe I did it. Course now the trailer gets soot on it. Street was nice but the Suncoast trans and TC just loves the race file from either Doug or DJ. DJ locks the TC in fifth but Doug locks in thru all gears. Only problem is I have to make sure everything is secure in the cab cause when the TC locks up every shift it is a pretty good jolt.

1997 Dodge 2500 CUMMINS 5 spd 4x4, 16* timing, #10 plate, pump mods that make it go real hard, 3gsk, South Bend Con FE, studded and o-ringed, AEM Workhorse intake, Straight 4 inch exhaust into 6" Aussie tip Black powder coated stacks, modified turbo non wastegated now and the two big cowbells are now residing on my Goat. Smokes like a freight train and "Hey I got a goat finally!!!!!"

Now my wife's:2006 F-150 Crewcab XLT 4.6L V8 with every option available.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode