Exhaust Gaskets - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by powerstroke6.0, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 708 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Exhaust Gaskets

Well I was poking around under the truck last night and finally found the reason my boost has started to build so slowly lately. It seems I have bad manifold gaskets! By the looks of it all of the manifold gaskets are leaking and also where the two manifolds come together at the Y-pipe to the turbo that is leaking as well.

As far as I know that would be a really good reason for my boost to come on so slow. If anyone else has another idea I am willing ot listen.

So I guess now the only other thing to do is take her back to stock and see what Ford says about warrantying them... I am a little nervouse about it but maybe I can slip in under the radar and not have to pay for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 04:28 PM

Believe it or not upto the 05 anyway they did not come with exhuast manifold gaskets...so you may get some improvement just checking the torque on the bolts...but ford does offer gaskets now for repairs and I have no idea if the newer trucks have them standard or not..is the other leak in the pleated (flex) portion of the pipe.?..cause that is common too..ford should take care of you....
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yea I thought it would be a simple thing for them to take care of too, BUT they said that my 4" down pipe was rubbing on the exhaust pipe. It was in fact that little piece of flex too, and Ford is proud of that little piece becasue they wont seel just it to me... I gotta buy the whole Y pipe assemble. Which is over $700!

So I am going to try and fix it myself. On that note if anyone reading this has an idea or knows what I should do I am totally open for sugestions. Going t okeep running it for now until this weekend when I have time to tear it apart and look at it.

I think besides the leak the only other downfall is the slower turbo spool. I dont think anythign major should happen as a result of driving it like ti is......
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 03:56 AM

What year is your truck? There is a TSB for this from ford, if you have an 05-06-07 you need to take it to another dealer and get a second opinion. My dealer replaced my Y pipe in the first 500 miles of owning my truck.

Also, this should probably be posted in the 6.0L forum, and not the 6.0 Tuner forum, you might get a few more answers/suggestions.

Good Luck,
loki

2006 F250 CC SB 4x4
4.5 Icon 4-Link, TEI Spacers, and 5 Inch rear Springs.
Farmboy Fabrication Traction Bars.
SCT XCalII tuned by GoGoDiesel, DJ's, and Spartan...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode