New guy with questions regarding SCTflash - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 97Tdawg, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 899 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

New guy with questions regarding SCTflash

First off i have a 6.0 Power stroke with 37k miles on the clock. No big problems just a little recall that i got handled a while back. Ive been really into the aftermarket itch for some time with this truck but never scratched it. I have a 97 Toyota Supra that is heavily modified so thats where the mod itch comes from! Well i just have a few questions in regarding the SCT Excaliber that i just recently picked up. I got it for $275 bucks becuase the place was closing down so i thought that was a good deal and had to get it.

First question, is it safe to run the SCT w/o any other mods as long as its not an aggressive setup?? This is the very FIRST mod i have gotten for the truck and im NOT looking to go insane with the mods.

Second, if i do need other mods to safely run the SCT what are they? Exhuast? Intake? Gauges?

Third, is the SCT programs sufficient for me or should i get it tuned from some one here on the boards??

The truck is just used is a company work truck that ONLY I use. My father owns the company so this is why i can mod the truck. I DO tow my Supra with the truck fairly frequently since i race it from time to time.

Thanks guys for the help!!!

John Garnett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 05:44 AM

You should get yourself some gauges and exhaust isn't a bad idea either.

The canned tunes will be ok but for optimum preformance and custom tweaks you will want custom tunes. Let us know if we (DJ's) can help.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 12:26 PM

Get you some custom tunes, and let er rip.
Justin
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 05:28 PM

I think one of the standard tunes will be safe but with your other experiance it's safe to say you know the value of guages....99% of the time I don't need my guages but that is because I used them in the same condtions with the same mods over and over so I know it's safe for my truck ...without the guages I would not have that perspective....did that make sense....
welcome
jschall
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 09:12 PM

told you they would say gauges and exhaust... and i want to go for a ride when its finished... or you can just leave it with me for a few weeks like you did the poopra
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

haha that will make another good excuse to come down and visit Kerr

Thanks guys for all the info! Looks like ill be investing in some good gauges and exhuast pretty soon. Any recomendations on gauge brand and location?

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode