Edge Platinum Questions? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by RedX, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 728 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Edge Platinum Questions?

First of all what are the pros and cons of the Juice Platinum w/Attitude? Next How far do you dare to go down on the SHIFT DEFUEL SETTING? Is there any trick to putting the tranny in learn mode always with it. Last if you could tell me how you have yours set up as far as the shifting, TC Lock up, and which setting you run? Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19

Let's see where do I start. RedX it would help if you posted your set up, what truck, what trans, any other mods, you kind of driving style, what you expect of the Edge, those sorts of thing determine the set up you might be looking for.

That said, Welcome to the Garage.

I have the 06 and a torqueshift, I assume you also have the TS because of the questions you asked. I have my Edge set on learn always, defuel 50%,slip protect on, TC lockup on, firmer shift setup advanced, select shifts all, enable firm shifts 60%^. I generally drive like an old man, which i am, but like to zap a ricer now and then, I tow a fiver with these settings as well. I do not hammer the truck every time I drive it, it is not a drag truck just my mover that I like to bang on on ocassion. Generally I am on level 3 with low fueling at 3. When I got to level five I also go to 5 on low fueling. Let me know if this helps or you need more info. Let us know where you call home.

LargeCar :mafia

LargeCar

Mafia # 19 The Dually Club # 19

If a country does not remember and honor its fallen heroes of the past, in the future that country will not be honored or remembered.

G.R. Wemmer

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 09:21 PM

I also drive like an old man and like to zap an occasional ricer or truck with a hemi-rrhoid. My settings:

1. Set your power level and defuel level (I use 5 and 30%)

2. Set to "learn always" and drive around for a few days. Doesn't matter what firmness setting you have. Because in the "learn" mode, there are no firm shifts. You want to make your adjustments to the defuel setting during this period and allow enough time to learn after each adjustment before evaluating the new setting.

3. After learning, I shut-off all learning. Then you are ready to select your firmness. I have set the firmness of all shifts proportional to horsepower.

4. You should now have a slick-shifting set-up

If you need to change your defuel level, I highly recommend allowing the transmission to learn again before using any of the firm shift selections.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I appreciate the info. I have an 04 Excursion that I am starting to mod. I just installed the Juice Platinum. I usually drive fairly decent with the occasional pedal to the floor.

As for mods it is just the box right now. I have exhaust and Headbolts/Gaskets on the way.

I just wanted to throw out another THANX
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 12:03 PM

i have a paltinum also is there a setting for learning? and do you have any mods cause of defueling.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode