Banks or Edge - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by gobigorgohome, this thread has received 13 replies and been viewed 1411 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Banks or Edge

anybody run the Banks six gun w/ PDA, im trying to decide between the Banks or Edge platinum for my 06 any input on which ones better.

07.5 duramax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 10:23 PM
fordt

If it was one or the other I'd go with the Six-Gun. I had it before the PDA was available on a 2003 6.0L had not problems with over 80K miles on it.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 10:40 PM

I don't have any tuner (yet) so I don't know what is best, but from what I read about many 6.0 owners on this site I thought the SCT would be the best choice for the 6.0

BTW, isn't the SCT coming out with a new setup for 07. I think I read that somewhere
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 04:48 AM

out of theose two the banks is better, but i would go with a SCT!!! Innovative Diesel makes great tunes trust me on that one
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 06:14 PM

I ran both and noticed that the Banks unit has less black smoke, a better screen and easier to use than the Edge.

However the Edge has come a long way too. If you have the cash and thats not the issue go with Banks.

Both tune Pulse width , timing and line pressure. Both do not throw any engine codes and have just about the same power. So look at support price and make your decision based on that.

You will run higher EGT's with the Edge, I have seen that the pulse width is extended a little longer on the edge as well.

Both use factory connecters and are easy to install. I know that Banks did a test a while back against the edge. It was meant to be non biased and I think they beat edge by a few car lenghts, but that was a few years ago:Thumbup:
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

the banks does look easier to use, but i am also going for smore smoke and power. How about that SCT tuning is it simple i do like the datalogger option. do you have to have signal potter on your computer or does it come with software.

07.5 duramax
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 08:02 PM

If it was me I would try the Banks, I had the edge on an 04 and it totally smoked the clutches in my tranny. I have heard the opposite as dieseldonkey I heard that with the banks six gun in the 6th setting you get really high egt's. If your looking for smoke the edge on my 04 really smoked. I loved smoking out d-maxes and doggies. The new edge with the A2 I am not sure about though seems like a nice option but a little pricey. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION.

P.S. I would get some guages first especially a pyro.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

does the banks defuel on shifts or have cold engine protection or turbo timer?

07.5 duramax
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigorgohome
does the banks defuel on shifts or have cold engine protection or turbo timer?
Yes it does defuel during shifts, it does cut throttle for about 1/10th of a sec., you have cold start protection as well. also temp limit control etc.

now you mentioned you want black smoke right.... now look at it this way,,,, if you have two products that give you same amount of power.
except one blow a lot less black smoke than the other.
the one that blows less black smoke is not adding as much fuel to get to the same point.
Benefits- less soot on your turbo (this is minor but when you run it on a 6.0 with the VG turbo it gets hot and starts having problems after a while)
Benefit - cooler EGT's because of the cleaner burn.:

I like a big cloud of smoke to but when its not needed , why? All it means is that there is unburnt fuel shooting out of the cylinder after the cycle is done and its just burning through your turbo and exhaust.

Now keep in mind that that soot is going through your turbo and now that is running hotter than it should.

Take it easy
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 05:15 AM

I have ran both on my trucks and the banks blows more black smoke than my edge did. They have both tore through transmission. I prefered the edge over the six gun. But its no comparison to the sct

[/B]2004 F-350 Lariat 4x4/CC/SRW/6.0 PSD
18 Inch Suspention with Atlas Springs,Cross Over Sterring With Ram Assist, 6 Chrome 2.5 Kings Piggy Backs, Ladder Bars Front And Rear With,Heims,Custom Cross member,Re-Indexing Ring On Transfer Case,5.13 Yukon Gears, Detroit Locker Front and Rear, High Angle Driveline Long Slip Front Shaft, High Angle Driveline Two Piece CV Rear Shaft, AMP Research Steps, RBP Turbo Back Exhaust With 5 In Tip,AFE Intake, Banks Intercooler,03 Turbo,Heads Ported & Polished By John Wood,ARP Headstuds,EGR Delete,ZEX Nitrious,SCT By John Wood, Mag-Hytec Front & rear Diff Cover, Mag-Hytec Trans Pan ,3 Gauge Pilliar, Dana 80 Rear Axle, 22.5 Super Single Alcoas With 45 Inch Tires, 2008 Front Clip![/B]

2005 F-350 Lariat 4x4/CC/Drw/6.0 psd/4.10 Rears
Airaid Intake,RBP Turbo Back Exhaust,ARP Studs,SCT By John Wood,Banks Intercooler,Edge Juice Platinum Gauges Only,EGR Delete,2.5 DR Levling Kit,On Black KMC Rockstars,Pulls 2006 Cl 4005 Weekend Warrior
GCVW- 33,585 pounds Loaded

pics http://community.webshots.com/user/rbp04

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode