xcal2 problem (just turned into big problems) need help - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by prenn, this thread has received 11 replies and been viewed 1009 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Real Trucks Have 2 Sticks

Garage
xcal2 problem (just turned into big problems) need help

just got my xcal2 loaded my tunes on in and went to load it on my truck and my extreme race tune from ID doesnt work, i load it it loads fine but when its all done my truck wont start. the street tune works and i havent tried the tow tune but i have a feeling that will work too. i even tried reloading the extreme tune from my computer again and still truck wont start. tried callin ID earlier but no answer. Please help.

2008 GMC 2500hd duramax cc sb 4 linked solid axle, 38'' toyos on 20" novakanes
www.renntransportation.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prenn
tried callin ID earlier but no answer. Please help.
You and I have great timing! I got my Xcal today, but I don't think I'm getting any tunes until next week. This weekend is the DHRA event in Houston. I think Eric is there and several other guys are as well. You'll be able to get ahold of him again Monday or Tuesday. Until then, sounds like you've got at least two that do work. I have none.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
now i have big problems! after i retried loading the extreme race file from the computer to the xcal2 to the truck and that did not work, i then went back to the street file and it shift like absolute crap!! like hard shifts all over the place. then after that i went back to stock, and it shifted fine, so i tried street again and it still shifts like crap. I am beginning to rethink this SCT thing. It did shift fine the first time i loaded the street file though. any ideas?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 11:13 PM
MAFIA #8

Garage
I think you just need to wait until Eric gets back and he can rework your tunes.

Aaron - 2004 F350 "Offroad Edition"

2003 F250 "Pulling Truck"
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 11:18 PM

Look something is wrong with the extreme tune..make sure it says the correct pcm code in front of it ...like for me it would say TNNO ExtremeCSB R.Inj..ll3 If the pcm part (mine is TNNO) does not match your truck and the other tunes that work for that matter then that is the issue..otherwise it's something eles...You have bombared your pcm with info and it probably needs some drive time to adjust...but what I would do is disconect your battaries with the head light switch on for an hour or so....then hook them up and reload the street tune.....test drive after...
jschall
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
thanks for the tip jschall, i'll try it now

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 11:40 PM
MAFIA #8

Garage
I forgot doesn't your tranny have to relearn something about shifting or something after you unhook the batterys.... Sorry mine never has a problem unless I have had WAY to many to drink or someone else is trying to drive my truck.

Aaron - 2004 F350 "Offroad Edition"

2003 F250 "Pulling Truck"
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhrecovery
I forgot doesn't your tranny have to relearn something about shifting or something after you unhook the batterys.... Sorry mine never has a problem unless I have had WAY to many to drink or someone else is trying to drive my truck.
you are right arron and thats why I said it probably just needs some drive time to adjust...the battary disconect will wipe the slate clean then reprogram it and everything will be on the same page clean and freash...since he said it was fine and then after trying the other tunes and going back to it it was not...I have had similar issues before when I loaded multiple (4-5) differnt tunes in a short period of time...and that trick worked for me.....but a few days of driving would work just as well I immagine...
jschall
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
well i disconnected both batteries for about an 1 hour and a half and then reloaded the street tune and same thing horrible erractic rough shifts, so i loaded it back to stock and it shifted and drove fine. still dont know what to do, maybe drive around stock for a while longer and then load the tune again later tonight?

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 01:38 AM

Reflash your truck back to stock. From the menu choose DTC Menu and then choose read strategy. Email us the strategy and I'll confirm it's correct. That's probably the issue.

Eric

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode