Xcal 2 Unlock Authorization - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by DSI, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 785 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
DSI
Rock Star

Send a message via MSN to DSI Send a message via Yahoo to DSI
Xcal 2 Unlock Authorization

my Xcal2 won't unlock anymore, i guess i used up all my availiable unlocks? and SCT say's i need to get a dealer to get me an authorization number to ship the thing in to get it unlocked?

what's with that?

07 Ram 2500 5.9l 48re QC SB Silver
98 BMW 540i 4.4l V8 6speed... 18in Stagered, Chrome Plated ///M5 Par's, Eibach Coils, Bilstein Shocks, 294/324 STOCK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 05:55 PM

Yep, you got 5 times to unlock it. I have 2 trucks and have had my SCT unlocked 2 times. So now I have to buy another SCT. They got you either Way.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2006, 05:23 AM

I was tinking about getting an SCT for my truck...Whats with the Unlock and why would you need to unlock...Just curious.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2006, 02:12 PM

You should only need to unlock the Xcal2 if you are installing it in a different vehicle or if you have had a reflash on the truck. Unlocking it allows the XCal to download the new stock program. If you've had to unlock more than 5 times due to reflashes, which is unlikely(but I guess possible), you can send the unit back to SCT to be cleared.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2006, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
DSI
Rock Star
Threadstarter

Send a message via MSN to DSI Send a message via Yahoo to DSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeDiesel
You should only need to unlock the Xcal2 if you are installing it in a different vehicle or if you have had a reflash on the truck. Unlocking it allows the XCal to download the new stock program. If you've had to unlock more than 5 times due to reflashes, which is unlikely(but I guess possible), you can send the unit back to SCT to be cleared.

my 04 had 4 different calibrations in it in the time i had it DAX1, TEC0 TEC3, TEC5, BKG9, and i also was sent a second PCM with yet another calibration to test, so in just a matter of months of trying to find out why that truck never ran right i used up all my avail unlocks...

so now that i have m 06, i can either upload my current TEC3 that's in it ontop of whatever the latest calibration on the truck is, or i have to get a vendor to call SCT to get me a return number, then ship it to SCT for an unlock? if i got that right?

07 Ram 2500 5.9l 48re QC SB Silver
98 BMW 540i 4.4l V8 6speed... 18in Stagered, Chrome Plated ///M5 Par's, Eibach Coils, Bilstein Shocks, 294/324 STOCK!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2006, 08:38 PM

Yes, that's correct. Your dealer will have to ship the unit back to SCT to have it cleared.

Wow, you went through a lot of reflashes and processor changes. You shouldn't have any issues having your locks cleared. Your downtime is the worst part.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode