quick question - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by kkibbey, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 702 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

quick question

Hey guys,
I got a quick question I am suppose to visit the Fam in Columbus this week for thanksgiving…I recently purchased Innovatives extreme street tune, I am suppose to be getting gauges from x mas so I don’t have them yet. I realize that I should and I will come Christmas but I just don’t have them yetlaugh . anyways my question is will I be ok to drive my truck with the extreme street tune in it?all highway miles(I90) prob top speed 72.( its going to be roughly 6 hr trip) or should I turn it back to stock for my trip? don't really care if I turn it back to stock just wanted the better mileage.

Kris

2005 RED 6.0 PSD ext.cab LWB 4x4 t-409 MBRP 4", AFE Pro Guard 7 MEGA , RANCH HAND full replacement Front and Back, DR 4.5" lift kit, line-x extra, recon smoked, SCT extreme street:smoke:
pictures

2001 yellow jeep wrangler 6" skyjacker lift 2" body lift 36x14.5x15 swampers

1999 7.3 BLUE 4 door LWB PSD 4x4 SCT tune from DP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:25 PM

Yes you will be fine. I just got my Extreme Street tune from Eric 2 weeks ago and talked to him for a couple of minutes because I dont have a egt gauge yet either. He said that I would be fine under normal driving and could even make some runs from 0 to 70ish with no problems but not to go and run a 1/4 mile before I get the exhaust on and my gauge. Go to it and enjoy.

2006 F250 XLT 6.0 CC Shortbed auto with Leer cap and fire engine red. Stock everything but running a
SCT Xcal2 tuned by Innovative Diesel. :smoke
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 04:32 PM

Hi, my name is Trebron I own a 2005 Ford Excursion 4x4 6.0 turbo diesel.A diesel
machanic informed me if I what to increase my M.P.G. not to add the intake
system , exhaust and power programmer. But all I read is that it will improve
the M.P.G. and add horse power if I do add the following parts. I what to
improve my M.P.G. what can I do and what parts do you recommend? Please help.
Thank you.
Trebron ([email protected])
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 05:54 PM

Little bit of a thread hijack, but let's see if I can answer both questons.

I would go without the gauges:

I have ID's extreme street tune and a gauge. For normal driving at 70 mph, including long climbs, the temperatures stay well below 1200F. For normal wide open passes on 2 lane roads, there should be no problems with temperature either. Temps may exceed 1200, but this is a brief period.

Here is one reason a reprogrammed/chipped vehicle may get better mileage:

I am getting better mileage (~1 mpg) with my SCT tune. I believe this is because the tune shuts off the EGR. My old Edge had a lot of power, but didn't shut off the EGR. I saw no changes in mileage when I installed the Edge.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:07 PM

My mpg went up with all my mods.......as long as I can keep my foot out of the giggle peddle.
With what ever you do, if you can keep your cruising rpm at or below 2000 your milage will be better.

'04 F250 FX4, CC, SB, Zoodad, Innovative SCT XCal2, 4" MBRP, Airaid intake, 4" Superlift front with 5.5" Fabtech springs in back with stock 2" block delete, 18" predators with 35" Nitto's, Isspro gauges overhead. '00 27' Rinker Captiva Millinium, 454MPI Captains Call exhaust. '06 '33 Tahoe Transport. '03 Polaris Predator 500, K&N, WB pipe, '08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:10 PM

Drive sensible and you will be more then fine as long as your not towing big stuff up big hills.....
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks guys,
That’s what I figured. once I get out of the CNY area its pretty flat. I am looking forward to getting my gauges, just so there isn’t any mystery what’s going on.

kris

2005 RED 6.0 PSD ext.cab LWB 4x4 t-409 MBRP 4", AFE Pro Guard 7 MEGA , RANCH HAND full replacement Front and Back, DR 4.5" lift kit, line-x extra, recon smoked, SCT extreme street:smoke:
pictures

2001 yellow jeep wrangler 6" skyjacker lift 2" body lift 36x14.5x15 swampers

1999 7.3 BLUE 4 door LWB PSD 4x4 SCT tune from DP
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:20 PM

I have an 02PSD. Gauges on the APillar. The two biggest things that I and my son changed that helped the mpg was to get rid of the factor air filter intake and install one with more access to air and to eliminate the factory installed muffler. Now have a flow through. Fuel mileage went up about 4mpg with just these two changes. The next was a DP Tuner by Jodi. First pull out, with a 30' fiver was around 19.5mpg. Not bad as I only was getting around 12 before.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Obviously Intuitive !

I had to chose between gauges and exhaust when I first got my tuner...
since gauges only tell me there is a problem and exhaust lessens the chance of a problem, I went with exhaust first....

and that was on my 03 Ex that I never put gauges on....

yes, yes, yes, it's nice to have gauges, but since most here have done all the measurements and I rarely tow, I first helped the flow by removing the stock boat anchor of a muffler for a better flow thru one like the Walker BTM...

would have prefered a turbo bak like I put on the 03 , but the 05 seems to lke the BTM and SCT combo...

02/12 f250 CC SB Lariat Ultimate 4x4
dpf filter back mbrp and airlift airbags

05/05 4x4 EB Excursion -gone but not forgotten SCT enabled 1/8th 8.9 seconds....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode