SCT -- Worth it, but every once in a while you need something more.. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by frequentflyer, this thread has received 17 replies and been viewed 1626 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Angry SCT -- Worth it, but every once in a while you need something more..

My truck runs AWESOME. But, it is a daily driver. I run DJ's street 2 tune which really rocks. I have won many street races with it but every once in a while you get the guy that just walks on you and you KNOW you can beat him if you could just pull over and change over to the looney tune. I had a guy in a lowered Dodge Dually today that had ALOT of work done. (straight exhaust obviously, airbag suspension, alcoas, ect... seems like no expense spared) I took 2 trucks on him on the highway twice. But then we pulled up next to each other and I saw him hit some switches. He did something that made that thing smoke like no tomorrow. He took an easy two trucks on me from 50-100mph. He must be running something adjustable. Is SCT ever going to make something like that ?

'03 F-250 6.0L 4X2 King Ranch Crew Cab AirRaid, 4" Straight Pipe 6" tip, DJ Custom fuel system, DJ Custom WET Nitrous system, SCT XCal2-- Tuned by, none other than, DJ-Performance.com :evil:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 11:24 PM

no one is sure, we all hope so, that is why i run the insanity tune all the time :}
robert
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 11:37 PM

I agree. I run DJ looney as a daily driver. It will run fine if you drive as a daily. Just use it when you need it. I have seen that guy running on 95 and he is fast. You should at least hang with him with the Looney: .

Pete

2003 F250 CCSB AirAid , SCT, ARP's, MBRP, GT4088, NOS

www.mooringproductsworldwide.com
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Knock on wood, I have had NO troubles with the truck. I would just hate to run the looney all the time and have a head gasket go. I drive alot everyday and in ALOT of traffic sometimes.

'03 F-250 6.0L 4X2 King Ranch Crew Cab AirRaid, 4" Straight Pipe 6" tip, DJ Custom fuel system, DJ Custom WET Nitrous system, SCT XCal2-- Tuned by, none other than, DJ-Performance.com :evil:
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mooring Products
I agree. I run DJ looney as a daily driver. It will run fine if you drive as a daily. Just use it when you need it. I have seen that guy running on 95 and he is fast. You should at least hang with him with the Looney: .

I am telling you that I KNOW I can. I smoked him several times. We ran several times. Problem is I guess he needed to either get in his power band or turn up the boost. Not sure how it works with adjustables but he ran real good that last time.

It happened to me once with a Chevy too. It's nice to have that adjustable power but I guess reliability is nice too...:shrug:

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 12:41 AM

Man stick that thing in the Looney tune and let it ride as a daily driver. I have ID's Extreme street tune and the truck drives great in traffic but the power is there above half throttle when I need it.

A quick story for ya. I was driving home the other night on a 25mph road doing about 30 and some Ricer was tailgating the hell out of me so bad I could not see the car at most times. Well I let the Rpm's get down real low around 1300 or so and gagged it once and a huge huff of black smoke comes out and I see the azz hole swerve violently to avoid the smoke, I did it two more times and was hoping that he would turn onto the same road as me but he kept straight.

Go with the big boy tune all the time and you will not regret it.

2006 F250 XLT 6.0 CC Shortbed auto with Leer cap and fire engine red. Stock everything but running a
SCT Xcal2 tuned by Innovative Diesel. :smoke
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 12:43 AM

Bump up to a higher power program, you should have less issues blowing some doors off then. :Thumbup:

I doubt you'll ever see true on the fly adjustability. With programming you really need to reprogram the processors to change all the information needed to make a true change in power.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 12:51 AM

Hey Eric did you get my reply this morning with my strategy?

Thanks

mowmeover

2006 F250 XLT 6.0 CC Shortbed auto with Leer cap and fire engine red. Stock everything but running a
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillagorilla
Hey Eric did you get my reply this morning with my strategy?

Thanks

mowmeover
I'm not sure, check and see if someone responded to you yet. If not, please resend. My spam gaurd will unintentionally remove legitimate emails on occasion.

Thanks.

Eric
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 01:02 AM

Thanks I just resent the my last response.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode