K@N filtercharger - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by nunc60, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 472 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

[email protected] filtercharger

Just bought a [email protected] cold air kit and was just wondering if it was a bad move or not.Going to buy 4in. exh. next, but never any type of programmer.I just want to keep exh. temps down when pulling my equipment. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 12:20 AM

I have have the same kit on my 04, some people told me "oh, why did you get that kit it lets in hot air because of the shroud and it doesnt filter good" blah blah blah. The funny part about it is that its always the guy with the overpriced AFE kit that says it. I have used K&N filters on all my rigs and have never had a problem, I have have one on my rock crawler now and every time I take it off, no matter how dirty the out side it is allways clean on the inside. K&N invented that style of filter, everybody else just copied them. OK Ill calm down. you made a good buy, mine kicks ***. Iam just tired of people telling me that I should have bought something else.

04 Ford 6.0 4x4 XLT Extended cab Shortbed 6 speed manual, K&N FIPK, 4" MBRP exhaust, 6" tip, Auto Meter Gauges, Edge Evolution
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 12:27 AM

if your tired of people telling you should have baught something else don't ask lol. You will be ok with the aft just cleen it often, we have done some testing and the K&N let alot more dirt buy than the "overpriced AFE kit" . I would just keep it cleen and you will be fine. K&N's work great, i have ran them on all my dirtbikes and ATV's but the fact is they are not the best on diesels, like it or not
robert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode