Best Mods For 06psd For Mild Performance And Fuel Mileage - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by max, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 780 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
max

Exclamation Best Mods For 06psd For Mild Performance And Fuel Mileage

Bought 06 PSD F-250CC FX4 in august truck is bone stock now, looking for best mods to get better mileage, and have some power to have a little fun with, nothing to radical as truck is mostly driven by my wife during the week. Truck has about 5,000 miles on it , should i wait to add to make mods or not? Would like to add exhaust, intake, and programmer, which ones are the best? Thanks in advance for any input anyone can give.

06 PSD F-250CC, FX4, POWER SUNROOF,POWER BACK GLASS, LARIAT, HEATED SEATS, UPFITTERS, TOW COMMAND, 6 DISC CHANGER, EVERYTHING THE DEALERSHIP COULD SELL ME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 01:24 PM
is here and there.

Thanked 1,110 Times in 665 Posts
First..WELCOME to TDG!

Folks here will be more than happy to spend your money for you.
Before you go to programmers you should probably get gauges, exhaust and intake done. The SCT seems to be the preferred programmer right now.

Life changes, so roll with it, not against it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 01:36 PM
MAFIA #8

Garage
Welcome... and as Russ has already stated about what to do. If it was me I would get and Airraid intake, easiest to change, good performance and best price. Exhaust is just going to depend on what you prefer, stainless or aluminized and cat back or turbo back and whether you want it straight pipe or have a muffler and if you want to be able to be able to remove the cat or not. Programmers the SCT is a great product and can be tuned to exactly what you want. If you are only planning on running a mild tune 40-80 hp or so I do no see where gauges would me a necessity, they are safe insurance but not a def. have to have unless you are going to be pulling a trailer a lot w/ the programmer installed.

Aaron - 2004 F350 "Offroad Edition"

2003 F250 "Pulling Truck"
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 03:38 PM

like hh said, you wouldn't need guages with a very mild tune, but i would do them, because once you try it with a mild tune you will want more and so will your wife lol. I would do guages, exhaust and a sct, i would wait 5k more miles or so until your stock filter is in need of replacment then get a new intake
robert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode