I need help with my 06 250 turbo to beat little imports ,hondas Any one please - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by lee boy, this thread has received 13 replies and been viewed 2178 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

I need help with my 06 250 turbo to beat little imports ,hondas Any one please

[SIZE="3"]I have a 06 F 250 powerstroke turbo and i need help. I would like to know what you guys do when your racing . See i live in a small town and all my friends have little import cars and they think they're the racers in town. My truck is fast but not that fast , because of the 7 inch lift 37 tall tires with 22 ich wheels. It sounds kind of heavy buy it feels light. I've been watching the videos in this website and would like to know what you guys to to take off that quick, quicker than the other car. Im going to get the banks six gun tuner and and a air intake soon. I have already changed stock exhaust to a 4inch straight pipe. Any one please help me beat all those little imports[/:shrug: SIZE]. POWERSTROKES RULE:thanks:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 05:52 PM
MAFIA #8

Garage
Dont get the banks 6 gun... get an SCT instead and some gauges, EGT & Trans atleast... and then just hold the brake while you build up boost before you launch in 4x4 and by doing that you should smoke them... but the 37" are going to have a little impact on that but I still think you can do it.

Aaron - 2004 F350 "Offroad Edition"

2003 F250 "Pulling Truck"
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 06:02 PM

Welcome to the site first of all, I see that this is your first post. Well it sounds like you want to take a monster truck to the races. First thing is you have 37" tires, that is a lot of rubber to turn, not to mention on a 8000 lbs truck. If you havent already ordered the banks kit, you might want to inquire in the site about getting something else, not saying that banks isn't good but there might be something better out there for what your looking for. As for taking off fast a lot of guys hold there brake peddle and build up boost and rpms like your going to power break it, but don't break it loose. Then you will get a faster off the line take off. Not the best on your tranny. You have to weigh your options on what you really want to do with your truck. You want a racer then you should have gone with a leveling kit and some smaller tires. Other wise your going to have to do a lot to get back the weight that tyou have added. Yes you can make a truck that will smoke the rice burners, but not all of them. They weigh 1/3 what you weigh and are all hopped up. Sounds like your truck is more of a show truck, that you like to run around town in. If I WAS YOU I would get you a tuner, intake, you have the exhaust and call it good for now. The rest will come with time. Unless you have lots of money then I would get a new tranny new injectors, head studs and so on. Just my :2cents Good luck!!!:Thumbup:
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 06:09 PM

Custom tuned SCT ought to do it.:evil:
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 07:06 PM

Forget the Banks, go with an SCT. The SCT makes better power and also controls your trans so you won't burn it up on those boosted launches. All of these tunes are specificly designed for your truck, plus with the SCT XCAL2 you can adjust certain perameters yourself like shift points, tire size for speedo, etc.
Ya, the 37's are big, but you should still be able to spank the ricers. Check out the vendors on this site. They all make reliable kick butt power.
I run Innovative Diesels tunes and have been very happy with the power and the service and I spank ricers all day long with 35's and a tune that is far from their hottest.

'04 F250 FX4, CC, SB, Zoodad, Innovative SCT XCal2, 4" MBRP, Airaid intake, 4" Superlift front with 5.5" Fabtech springs in back with stock 2" block delete, 18" predators with 35" Nitto's, Isspro gauges overhead. '00 27' Rinker Captiva Millinium, 454MPI Captains Call exhaust. '06 '33 Tahoe Transport. '03 Polaris Predator 500, K&N, WB pipe, '08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 02:20 PM

We can help you out with a custom tuner to get the power you need. The SCT custom tuning that we do will give better power and much better transmission control over the Banks Six-gun.

Tadd Layton - Elite Diesel Engineering SCT Tuner for 6.0L/7.3L Ford using cylinder pressure measurements for peak power and engine reliability. www.elitedieseleng.com

Powering some of the most powerful 6.0s & 6.4s

VGT-SSThe originator, since January 2005.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 05:19 PM

Here are pictures of two rather tall trucks that run our SCT tunes and love the power they get. I can give you their contact information, if you wish.

Thanks,
Vivian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tanya.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	7801   Click image for larger version

Name:	hellrideburnout.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	7802   Click image for larger version

Name:	hellride.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	7803  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 07:35 PM

Sounds like folks are putting you on the right track as to modifications.

But with your truck, did you ever consider just squashing the ricers instead of trying to beat them? : :
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 09:12 PM

Well, if you did get beat you sure could make sure it didn't happen again.

'04 F250 FX4, CC, SB, Zoodad, Innovative SCT XCal2, 4" MBRP, Airaid intake, 4" Superlift front with 5.5" Fabtech springs in back with stock 2" block delete, 18" predators with 35" Nitto's, Isspro gauges overhead. '00 27' Rinker Captiva Millinium, 454MPI Captains Call exhaust. '06 '33 Tahoe Transport. '03 Polaris Predator 500, K&N, WB pipe, '08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks for all the information. JUst one question. How is the SCT better than the banks six gun tuner . What air intake should I get. AFE OR BANKS intake that is coming going to be out on january .Again thank you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode