process of getting sct tuner - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by hotshot4819, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 522 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

process of getting sct tuner

ive been on here for the past couple months, and have read alot of good things about sct. the question i have is what is the process of getting the sct for my 2003 6.0 f350. also what is the install like normal plug in play or is there a chip that has to be replaced. help would be appreciated i plan on ordering this next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 09:57 PM
keepin faith in the 6.0L!

www.elite-diesel.com they will set you up.
the SCT tuner is a flash tuner that will plug in into your diag. port under dash.
very good programmer for a 6.0L powerstroke.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 02:17 AM

hotshot4819... The first step is to talk to people and dealer to see who you want to get tunes from. Once you find a dealer then they will have some info that they want and you will need to know what tunes you want.

As far as install you just plug into the port below your dash and press a few buttons. It is really simple and a few minutes later you are done and can unplug and start driving.

Let us know if we can help in any way.

Chris
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 12:34 PM

The SCT plugs to the OBD2 port under the dash. It will store the factory(stock) program and 3 other programs. You simply plug the unit in under the dash, follow the on screen prompts to load the programs. Once you load the programs, you store the Xcal2 in a safe place.

Your dealer will need the strategy from your truck to build your programs. Send us an email from the inquiry link off of our website and I can email you instructions on how to go about downloading the software.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 02:43 PM

I got my Xcal 2 from Eric. He is very helpful, and I swear he never sleeps. There is 1 warning. Keep a light foot on the loud pedal, or you will be replacing tires a lot. You will need to get the SCT first to read the strategy of your truck. Email that to the tuner and they will email your tunes to load into the SCT.

Eric, I'm really dissatisified with my tunes. I needed to replace 2 tires this AM. I'm sending you the bill, because it's your fault for all of this new found power. : Just Kidding, totally satisified with the tunes. Truck runs like a scalded dog.

Keith

U. S. Navy Seabee Veteran.

We build, we fight , we drink more beer.

When you are up to your butt in alligators it is heard to remember the reason you are here is to drain the darn swamp.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode