future mods beyond the tuner - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by hotpursuit, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 554 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

future mods beyond the tuner

ok we are always askin what tuner to get, and most of the time we say SCT and i agree and have one... so lets go further... lets say you had an edge, then your stock injectors shoot the bed, so you think hmmm lets do some stage 2 injectors.... will anything other than an SCT type programmer give you all you got comming from the injectors, what if you do a turbo too... seems like with the SCT type set up you can always tweak after more mods... so not only is an SCT a good stand alone but it can grow with your mods with no issues....imho SCT wins in more than just a better tranny shift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Diesel Pro

not really, only the SCT and im not for sure, but possibly the TS 5x Programmer could, but that would be it, other than a fuel system to support the injectors....

2006 Dodge 2500 2wd QC SB 5.9 Cummins, 48RE Auto, 4" Exhaust, TS MPD W/HUD, Airaid Intake, 6k HIDs, GoGo Built Tranny, BDTD with Crazy Larry
13.85 @ 99 MPH
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksforddiesel99
not really, only the SCT and im not for sure, but possibly the TS 5x Programmer could, but that would be it, other than a fuel system to support the injectors....
Umm i think we agree... i didnt mention TS but yes they are in that class also....other than that you cant tweak the truck to help with future mods... a fuel system would help injectors in any program but you could change more on the sct and ts to take more advantage of even that upgrade.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 06:00 AM
Diesel Pro

YEP tahts my take on it anywho......

2006 Dodge 2500 2wd QC SB 5.9 Cummins, 48RE Auto, 4" Exhaust, TS MPD W/HUD, Airaid Intake, 6k HIDs, GoGo Built Tranny, BDTD with Crazy Larry
13.85 @ 99 MPH
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 09:17 PM

You also have the option of Sniper Tuning. I personaly have not tried it but it has the ability like the SCT's as far as if you put different turbos injectors in it and also has transmission programming in it. Maybe someone using one of them will chim in.
Dan
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 09:17 PM

You also have the option of Sniper Tuning. I personaly have not tried it but it has the ability like the SCT's as far as if you put different turbos injectors in it and also has transmission programming in it. Maybe someone using one of them will chim in.
Dan
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGrand
Dan

The Sniper tuner does have the ability to do those things you listed for the 7.3L but not for the 6.0L. It just gives you 3 HP level choices, the ability to change the timing a little, and allows you to adjust the throttle sensitivity. Supposedly they are coming with trans tuning and turbo upgrade options. They have been telling me for the last 4 months that it would be out in a week...laugh Don't have much faith in them anymore...

06 F-350 CC/SB Black Harley Edition

4x4 Auto w/ 3.73LS
03 Turbo Assy, 4" Roush SS Turbo-Back
EGR Up-pipe mod, Rear Fuel X-Over, Custom Front Fuel Lines, ARP Studs
Kenwood DNX-7100 Nav System, Autometer Ultra Lite guages, Edge Evo 2 (for guages)
DR Leveling kit, DR Shocks, 08 Rear Diff Cover, Access Bed Cover

Pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/shadowf250
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 05:09 AM

I sure like my SCT, especially since my newest additions!! Love the injectors and studs. Can't wait to get a turbo!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 12:27 PM

Mark i didn't know they didn't have everything out yet for it. I was trying to be talked into one of them but with all my mods i choose the SCT and am loving it. 6LPWR you have to love your newest additions. I to have Bean's stage 2 injectors along with alot of other stuff and love every second of the power i have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode