Edge Juice with Attitude vs Platinum - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by beaslyb, this thread has received 16 replies and been viewed 1783 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Edge Juice with Attitude vs Platinum

I just got a good deal on an Edge Juice with Attitude, the guy said he paid like $850 for it new, what's the deal on this chip? What is differant about the platinum vs this chip? I know everybody on here says to go SCT but I don't plan on beating on the truck on 4 and 5 but maybe every now and then, it will mostly be on 2 or 3 not sure yet because I don't have it on the truck yet,(has to go to the shop tuesday for egr valve that's only 2 weeks old) so just looking for any opinions on how this setup will work for me. Thanks in advance.

08 Job 3 250 4 door, 6 inch lift, AFE straight piped, AFE drop in filter and Spartan tuned. 91 Procharged mustang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 12:35 AM

You'll be beating your truck up more with an edge than you would with an SCT. Your edge has no trans control. This means even with only a little more power you are slowly putting more abuse to the trans and when you do crank it up on the rare occasion then the trans is really gonna hate you.
Also the ability to change power on the fly isn't all it's cracked up to be either. Most people with the edge have reported irratic shifting for awhile after changing power levels.
How good of a deal did you get? Why did he sell?
Not trying to make you feel bad about spending a bunch of money on an upgrade, but there are a lot of good reasons why every has been recomending the SCT.

'04 F250 FX4, CC, SB, Zoodad, Innovative SCT XCal2, 4" MBRP, Airaid intake, 4" Superlift front with 5.5" Fabtech springs in back with stock 2" block delete, 18" predators with 35" Nitto's, Isspro gauges overhead. '00 27' Rinker Captiva Millinium, 454MPI Captains Call exhaust. '06 '33 Tahoe Transport. '03 Polaris Predator 500, K&N, WB pipe, '08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I gave him $300 for it, he got rid of the truck without it is why he still has it. You think I should just try to resell it or run it on a low setting?

08 Job 3 250 4 door, 6 inch lift, AFE straight piped, AFE drop in filter and Spartan tuned. 91 Procharged mustang
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaslyb
I gave him $300 for it, he got rid of the truck without it is why he still has it. You think I should just try to resell it or run it on a low setting?
I sold my Juice Platinum on eBay and bought an SCT. WAY happier.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

how much did you get for it on ebay? Also what's the cost to go with a sct setup? I didn't want to get too involved with toying with my truck my car keeps me busy enough, but now I have this edge setup that I'm scared to use but If I can get anything for it then I may do the sct route

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 05:30 PM

An SCT Xcal. 2 is about $450. Get what you can for the Edge. It will be worth your while. Getting rid of my Bullydog was the best thing I ever did. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and start over, I did.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yea I think over about 5 hours of research I have decided to go with the sct, I actually haven't bought it yet so I'll just tell him I don't want it. How bad is this going to be on my stock head studs? I will beat on the truck some but mostly just cruising around.I don't tow that much just my boat in the summer and my car to the drag strip maybe a few times a year, so I won't be beating on the trans with a whole lot of weight.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 04:27 AM

It all depends on what tunes you go with. The extreme side of tunes will start stressing head studs etc. If you are not looking for extreme power then some of the street tunes in the 100hp and under range haven't been known to cause problems.
I tow my 6500lb boat with my street tune and just watch the egt's on anything steep. If i'm towing further or heavier I re-tune to my tow tune.
Talk to who ever you buy your tunes from. There are many options to consider. Torque converter lock up in the gears you choose, the return of pilot injection for quiet idle, turbo braking for heavy loads..........

'04 F250 FX4, CC, SB, Zoodad, Innovative SCT XCal2, 4" MBRP, Airaid intake, 4" Superlift front with 5.5" Fabtech springs in back with stock 2" block delete, 18" predators with 35" Nitto's, Isspro gauges overhead. '00 27' Rinker Captiva Millinium, 454MPI Captains Call exhaust. '06 '33 Tahoe Transport. '03 Polaris Predator 500, K&N, WB pipe, '08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 06:13 AM
Diesel Pro

I Love My Looney!!!!!!!!!!!

2006 Dodge 2500 2wd QC SB 5.9 Cummins, 48RE Auto, 4" Exhaust, TS MPD W/HUD, Airaid Intake, 6k HIDs, GoGo Built Tranny, BDTD with Crazy Larry
13.85 @ 99 MPH
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaslyb
how much did you get for it on ebay? Also what's the cost to go with a sct setup? I didn't want to get too involved with toying with my truck my car keeps me busy enough, but now I have this edge setup that I'm scared to use but If I can get anything for it then I may do the sct route
I got $565 for my Edge Juice Platinum with Hot Code and brand new EGT probe that I had gotten from Edge by calling their tech number. They sent it to me at no charge.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode