Dieselmann's PSD Tips - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by thompsd, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 717 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Dieselmann's PSD Tips

Tips
Do not use starting fluids for hard starting problems. With the glow plug system, starting fluids can ignite as the key is turned on causing engine damage. Keep your batteries and charging system in good condition, note any problems with the glow plug cycle, and if you experience a hard cold start problem, plug in the block heater, if your truck is equiped with one. This will heat the coolant enough to aid in starting. If you do experience hard starting, get you truck serviced as this condition could cause other system problems if left unrepaired, such as starter failure.
Care should be taken when installing performance enhancing devises or "chips", or modifing any electronic engine component such as configuring the exhaust back pressure valve to act as an engine brake. This can cause driveability problems, "check engine" light to come on, and may affect your warrenty.
If you truck has an automatic overdrive transmission and you tow, remember that there is no engine braking in overdrive. It is recommended that the overdrive be cancelled when towing in hilly areas to prevent accelerated brake and transmission wear and transmission overheating

Is this FORDS views or Dieselmann's- Especially the part on "CHIPS" ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 06:08 PM

laugh :squish :roflmao: :Nothing_funny_to_ad
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 12:51 AM

I came across his site a few years ago and it is very informative. I am just used to my non-conforming husband who continues to tell me, you can read and interpret all you want but when it comes down to reality, it's all together different. Still, I think it is very informative and you can always learn something.

Thanks,
Vivian
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldocFX4
laugh :squish :roflmao: :Nothing_funny_to_ad
Guess this guy didn't see the question at the bottom... tooo busy with his cartoons... :evil:
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsd
Guess this guy didn't see the question at the bottom... tooo busy with his cartoons... :evil:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode