6.0 6 speed tuners - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Trapper77, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1122 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

6.0 6 speed tuners

Every time there is a discussion on which tuner is the best it always comes back to the custom tunes. Most of the justification for this is that the transmission controls are really a must and really help out the longevity and drive ability of the truck.

People have asked about the convenience of the Edge system and being able to adjust on the fly and the response is "it will burn your tranny, you want a custom sct with tranny controls."

So, to a guy that has a 6 speed, what are the advantages to going with a custom tune vs. something like the edge?

I am not going to be racing my rig. I want mild power increase, better economy and reliability. I like the edge because of its on the fly adjustments and the fact that it has so many features. I really like the idea of the A2 and its navigation system along with the other options.

I know it is expensive compared to the custom tunes. I can get nice guages and a custom tune for probably less price.

Just wanting to pick the brains of the guru's. Am wanting to do something as my waranty is soon coming to an end and want expert advise on what to do.

Thanks

Trapper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 10:20 PM

The A2 is a nice unit with some cool features. The edge takes stock signals and modifies them to make more power. The SCT actually re-programs the perameters making it able to create more power safer.
With that said, there are a lot of people that have run the edge and liked the power it produced and with the hand shaker the tranny isn't an issue anymore. It's definetly nice having all the quages in one spot and with the A2 the gps and back up camera would be pretty cool.

'04 F250 FX4, CC, SB, Zoodad, Innovative SCT XCal2, 4" MBRP, Airaid intake, 4" Superlift front with 5.5" Fabtech springs in back with stock 2" block delete, 18" predators with 35" Nitto's, Isspro gauges overhead. '00 27' Rinker Captiva Millinium, 454MPI Captains Call exhaust. '06 '33 Tahoe Transport. '03 Polaris Predator 500, K&N, WB pipe, '08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 11:28 PM

The SCT will give you more power, and with more mods you can change the SCT to work with them. The edge cant do things like raiseing the rev limiter, changing the idle, changing how the fuel comes on etc...
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 03:06 AM

trapper,
coming from a guy with the six speed the sct is the way to go. there was a noticable increase in the mpg, you can have the truck programed the way you want it to be with the help of a knowledgable vender and the power is just unbelievable. i know you said the power wasn't that important but let me just say anything that can spin the tires on an 8200lb dually from 1st thru 4th is impressive. i got mine from dj and they were great people to deal with will buying it and after that to fine tune it. and the pillar guages always look better. hoped this helped you.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Udderly Delicious

Completely agree with Blizzard. It sounds simple to just settle for one that will just work, but trust me, as the bug bites harder, the SCT is upgradeable to keep that itch scratched. I'm also a big fan of Quadzilla products. That's the only two I would consider because of the ease of upgrading now or later. And these two work really well with the manual tranny for adding low-end responce.

"To hell with a 6.0, make mine 6 in a row"

'03 "TNT Ranch Edition" F350 CrewCab Lariat 4x4 DRW 12V Cummins, P&P head with 60# valvesprings & O-Ringed, ARP 625 studs, Colt cam, 4K GSK, HX40S/HT3b Twins, ZF6spd. with Valair Ceramic/Kevlar, manual hubs, 3.73's, 5.5" lift/w 285 Dayton Timberlines and 2" Wheel Spacers.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 02:18 AM

How much hp and torque does the sct really give. I have a 06 f 250 turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode