SCT trans shifting - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 6L strokin, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 856 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member#67

SCT trans shifting

i got the sct to stack with my banks for the trans shifting only and the shifts still arent very great. doesnt seem to "slam" you into the next gear like i would think, seems to almost just fall into gear sometimes. this about how its supposed to be or do i need to try out a file by itself and see if thats better? im waiting for tadd to either tweak the stack file or send me a street file to be sure exactly how its Supposed to shift. just wanting some outside input! Thanks!

1st murdered out 2011 F250 CC SB Fx4 lariat
2008 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat dark stone, s&b intake, 5" flo pro straight pipe, 7" flo pro tip, sct livewire custom tuned by Eric @ IDP
Previous Rides:
2003 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat centinneal black on black modded up
2001 F250 CC LB 4x4 xlt maroon lifted up
1997 F150 EC SB 4x2 xlt red
http://www.youtube.com/user/6Lstrokin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:03 PM

Have you tried firming up the shifts with the user adjustable options on the Xcal2? When working correctly the shifts should be firm and crisp, without a long delay between gears.

If you try a street file you might never go back to the Banks System. I did the same thing with a Quad 160 box in my 03 and liked ID's Xtreme tune so much I never used the Quad again... Except for towing...

06 F-350 CC/SB Black Harley Edition

4x4 Auto w/ 3.73LS
03 Turbo Assy, 4" Roush SS Turbo-Back
EGR Up-pipe mod, Rear Fuel X-Over, Custom Front Fuel Lines, ARP Studs
Kenwood DNX-7100 Nav System, Autometer Ultra Lite guages, Edge Evo 2 (for guages)
DR Leveling kit, DR Shocks, 08 Rear Diff Cover, Access Bed Cover

Pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/shadowf250
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L strokin
i got the sct to stack with my banks for the trans shifting only and the shifts still arent very great. doesnt seem to "slam" you into the next gear like i would think, seems to almost just fall into gear sometimes. this about how its supposed to be or do i need to try out a file by itself and see if thats better? im waiting for tadd to either tweak the stack file or send me a street file to be sure exactly how its Supposed to shift. just wanting some outside input! Thanks!

Ditch the banks and just run the sct,Tadd can get it right trust me no banks sct all the way.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 04:30 PM

Yup, dump the banks and have Tadd send you the insanity file...

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member#67
Threadstarter

i got the insanity file already, one just insanity, and the other is instanity with timing for using propane...but i thought this file was just for use on the strip...? thats why i havent ran it yet. i want to though! also it has been raining a lot here and havent got a good chance to do much WOT, however, i did yet to a little last night and it did seem to shift pretty good with the pedal all the way down, just the normal driving isnt As great. first time i got in it i was kinda scared though cuz it stayed in gear soo long, but i talked to robert and he said it was set to shift at 4000 or 3800 so i guess its right!

btw, i am playing around with the idea of taking out the banks, but then i gotta mess with the hastle or trying to sell it and installing some new gauges, plus the pda has all kinds of gauge options. but if all im using it for is gauges, its an expensive ***** gauge so...?

ALSO, i have been wondering, is "can you keep up" part of TDG mafia??

1st murdered out 2011 F250 CC SB Fx4 lariat
2008 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat dark stone, s&b intake, 5" flo pro straight pipe, 7" flo pro tip, sct livewire custom tuned by Eric @ IDP
Previous Rides:
2003 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat centinneal black on black modded up
2001 F250 CC LB 4x4 xlt maroon lifted up
1997 F150 EC SB 4x2 xlt red
http://www.youtube.com/user/6Lstrokin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode