3.5 vs 4.0 inch downpipe for mild SCT tunes - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by RobertinArgyle, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 633 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

3.5 vs 4.0 inch downpipe for mild SCT tunes

I have an 07 F250 SD with PSD. I am planning to get an air filter kit, turbo back exhaust, and some mild SCT tunes. Which size downpipe would tuners like Eric at ID and Tadd at Elite recommend? I am looking at the Magnaflow turbo-back single tip systems. I have the 4" on the truck now but I lost some low end response (haven't bought/installed the intake kit or the SCT). My mechanic has offered to switch out the 4" for the 3.5" if it would work better in my application. Any input greatly appreciated.:thanks: :thanks:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 08:50 PM

I think why you might be lacking low end response is because you don't have the intake yet. These two things go hand in hand.(more air in, more air out) I did mine at the same time and noticed a better throttle respone. Since you already have the exhaust, I would keep that one in place and get the air filter kit. You should notice a difference. As for the SCT, you should get one mild, one wild, and one for towing. Tadd at Elite set me up with some real nice tunes for my truck.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

What intake do you recommend? I was hoping Tadd or Eric would comment on their preference since I have a choice at this point. I will go ahead and install an intake now and see what effect that has as you have advised. Thanks for your input.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 03:28 PM

well i can help you
since you already have the 4 inch there is no reason to change to a 3.5inch. With a sct you will pick up more bottem end
robert
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks Robert, I've been getting conflicting advice about this question. I think I'll just keep the 4" and proceed with an AFE intake and Tadd's tunes.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 04:55 PM
TDG Mafia Member#67

sct definetly gets better low end power! even a lot better than my banks did. get the sct and I have an airraid intake...good and cheaper than a lot are!

1st murdered out 2011 F250 CC SB Fx4 lariat
2008 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat dark stone, s&b intake, 5" flo pro straight pipe, 7" flo pro tip, sct livewire custom tuned by Eric @ IDP
Previous Rides:
2003 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat centinneal black on black modded up
2001 F250 CC LB 4x4 xlt maroon lifted up
1997 F150 EC SB 4x2 xlt red
http://www.youtube.com/user/6Lstrokin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode