SCT changing files - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 6L strokin, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 656 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member#67

SCT changing files

question....if you have more than 3 files on your computer and you want to put a different file on the sct to install on the truck. do you have to keep the file that is currently on the truck before you replace that file or do you have to leave that file on till its off the truck? if this isnt worded well....for instance you have tow, street and race on the sct and street is currently on the truck. want to replace street with agressive street. can i replace street with aggressive street on the sct then put it on the truck or do i have to replace a file that is currently not tuned on the truck? it would actually be kinda nice if you could put on like 5 files at a time. im in the process of seeing which ones i like best and have to hook up to the computer everytime i want to try a different one! btw...if i look at my SN# then go back to the main screen, it says 5 changes left..whats that mean? Thanks!

1st murdered out 2011 F250 CC SB Fx4 lariat
2008 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat dark stone, s&b intake, 5" flo pro straight pipe, 7" flo pro tip, sct livewire custom tuned by Eric @ IDP
Previous Rides:
2003 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat centinneal black on black modded up
2001 F250 CC LB 4x4 xlt maroon lifted up
1997 F150 EC SB 4x2 xlt red
http://www.youtube.com/user/6Lstrokin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Obviously Intuitive !

5 changes left means you could "clean out" the xcal 5 more times as if it were being sold....

as far as "retuning",
the only time the xcal "saves" a file to itself is if it's from stock....
once done, it doesn't need to resave it each time.. (why it's faster the next time it is tuned)

I never return it to stock - to put a new tune on the xcal I just load the new file over whatever tune I am less likely to want, and then load it to the truck....

it's overlaying whatever is there anyway....

02/12 f250 CC SB Lariat Ultimate 4x4
dpf filter back mbrp and airlift airbags

05/05 4x4 EB Excursion -gone but not forgotten SCT enabled 1/8th 8.9 seconds....
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 10:43 PM

kina confusing but I think I get what you are saying. Yes You can put a tune in the truck go take it off the SCT tuner and replace it on the SCT tuner with a different file and you can reprogram your truck at any time later even though the tune currently in your truck is not on your SCT tuner any more. You just need to have the same tuner you started with

The 5 changes left mean you can put your truck back to stock and use the tuner on a different truck. You can change vehicles 5 times yet.

you can reprogram your truck ECM a endless amount of times with that tuner
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member#67
Threadstarter

what do you mean by have the same tuner i started with? reason being i have tried out a few different tuners and never did anything different..?

1st murdered out 2011 F250 CC SB Fx4 lariat
2008 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat dark stone, s&b intake, 5" flo pro straight pipe, 7" flo pro tip, sct livewire custom tuned by Eric @ IDP
Previous Rides:
2003 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat centinneal black on black modded up
2001 F250 CC LB 4x4 xlt maroon lifted up
1997 F150 EC SB 4x2 xlt red
http://www.youtube.com/user/6Lstrokin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode