SCT Xcal2 - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Donkey085, this thread has received 15 replies and been viewed 1379 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

SCT Xcal2

I have a 2005 F250 6.0. Right now it is stock with the exception of 4" dual stacks from Grand Rock. I'm going to be buying a tuner sometime this month. From what I have read everywhere, the SCT Xcal2 seems to be the one to go with. I have a few of questions about it though. Is it safe to drive around daily with the Street Tune? Does it blow smoke? If something does happen to the motor, can the dealership detect it if I put it back to stock? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 08:48 AM

yes and i dont know. im driving aroud with dj's looney tune and no guages. i dont hot rod it like i used to but still open it up every once in a while.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 06:15 PM

Sure, the Street program is an excellent daily driver. It makes great power and yields better mileage than stock. The Street is our most popular daily driver program.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 07:53 PM

I run Eric's Extreme Street tune as my daily driver. It is a blast to drive. Better throttle response. No turbo lag. Keith

U. S. Navy Seabee Veteran.

We build, we fight , we drink more beer.

When you are up to your butt in alligators it is heard to remember the reason you are here is to drain the darn swamp.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey085
I have a 2005 F250 6.0. Right now it is stock with the exception of 4" dual stacks from Grand Rock. I'm going to be buying a tuner sometime this month. From what I have read everywhere, the SCT Xcal2 seems to be the one to go with. I have a few of questions about it though. Is it safe to drive around daily with the Street Tune? Does it blow smoke? If something does happen to the motor, can the dealership detect it if I put it back to stock? Thanks.
Hello,

All our tunes are safe. The beauty of the Xcal2 is that it is a custom tuner and you decide what you feel most comfortable with. We will tweak it based on your specs. If you ever want to change a tune, get reflashed, add mods, etc., all you have to do is ask. We offer unlmited tuning when you purchase the Xcal2 from us.

Can the dealership detect that you had a programmer? There is a way to tell but it is not something that Ford trains their techs in. The technicians would have to have discovered how to do it themselves by playing with the software that Ford provides. We always recommend that when you go in for service that you ask to speak to the tech and set-up a rapport. It will help you if you ever have any problem with your truck. Always remember to test the waters first before you offer any information.

Thanks,
Vivian
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 06:16 AM

whats a rapport?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 10:07 PM

The dictionary defines it as:

RELATION; especially : relation marked by harmony, conformity, accord, or affinity

My definition is getting along, liking each other : Somtimes talking to people makes all the difference in the world.

Thanks,
Vivian
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 05:07 AM

ahhhhh. thanks!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Ok, thanks for the information. MOMBENZ, I will probably be purchasing the tuner from yall. Hopefully within the next few weeks. I'm just waiting on my tax check to get back. Sorry it took so long to respond. Thanks.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 03:34 PM

I drive with Innovatives Steet Tune all the time, unless i'm towing then I reprogram to my tow tune. It is an excellent daily driver tune and IF you can keep your foot out of it your mileage is good too. Not much smoke to speak of. Every once in awhile if I let up on the throttle and then back in hard it will belch a little cloud then it clears up and you'd better not be looking behind you anymore cuz everything up front is comin fast.

'04 F250 FX4, CC, SB, Zoodad, Innovative SCT XCal2, 4" MBRP, Airaid intake, 4" Superlift front with 5.5" Fabtech springs in back with stock 2" block delete, 18" predators with 35" Nitto's, Isspro gauges overhead. '00 27' Rinker Captiva Millinium, 454MPI Captains Call exhaust. '06 '33 Tahoe Transport. '03 Polaris Predator 500, K&N, WB pipe, '08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode