Edge Evolution ? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by hopeful 6.0, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 767 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Edge Evolution ?

I installed my newly purchased Edge Evolution yesterday. Everything loaded without a hitch and seems to be performing flawlessly. I know I asked for advice on this forum about which brand, and yes, the SCT seemed to get the highest rating. But with the integrated gauges in the dash mounted pod, I couldn't resist the Evo.:Thumbup: I meets my everyday needs.
One thing I cannot find in the setup menu that differs from the manual is the tire size change. I have searched the menu and it does not exist. Has anyone else had this issue? It might be resolved when I hook up to my PC and check for downloadable updates. Since it is the weekend, no one available for tech support at Edge.
Also, I have yet to install the thermocouple for EGT's but I don't think this would affect anything but the EGT display. I am going to drill and tap the manifold for the thermocouple this evening. Should I grease the drill and tap to prevent contamination or drill and tap with engine running to provide positive pressure in manifold? I have read either way works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 06:18 PM
SLAPS President

Garage
Can't help ya on the Evo problem, but yes, either way will work on the drilling/tapping. If you have a "mechanic's magnet", you can do it with the engine off too... That's the way I did it. Drilled a small hole to begin with and worked my way up to the correct size. Used the magnet between each bit to get out the filings. Once I had the correct size hole, I cleaned it up and began the tapping process. I used a little oil on the tap and went slowly, backing out once in a while as I went, to keep the new threads clean.

It's not a big deal but the main thing is, GO SLOW!! Even going slow, you'll be done with the drill/tap in less than 30 minutes... Good luck!!:Thumbup: :Thumbup:

2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155's from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); Di-Pricol gauges; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7;Tunes by Tony Wildman & IDP; B&W hitch; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT radio; JL Audio 275w amp w/ 12" sub; Alpine door and rear seat speakers. pics
Dually club member #76

SLAPS President and Webmaster

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. - quote by Samuel Adams

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yea, I figured I didn't need any extra distractions while drilling/tapping. Working under there with the motor running doesn't sound like much fun. I'll follow your advice.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 07:30 PM

Hopeful, on the tire size thing. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you are still running those 285's. Anything within 10% of OE won't affect your odometer much at all. With my 35 x 12.50's I've never been more than 3 miles off, even at highway speeds. I try to check myself when I go by those radar things that the cops put out that show you your speed when you drive by. If your really worried just drive 2 miles under the limit and you should be dead on.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 12:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to HD_F250
3MPH?? I have 35's on my truck and I was driving 80MPH on my speedo...the wife called me up and said she was doing 80MPH and she couldn't keep up...I told her to get on the side of me and tell me how fast she was going. When I was doing 80MPH on my speedo she was doing 90MPH on hers...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I called Edge today about this issue and they asked me to send the the hex file from my unit that shows on start up screen and they would send me an updated version of this file. The unit has a manufacturing date of 1-4-2007 so you would think everything would be up to date. In the setup menu, there is no option on my unit for tire size as is shown in the user manual. We'll see what happens.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Oh, and by the way, I did get my exhaust manifold drilled and tapped and the EGT thermocouple installed Saturday evening. Everything went well, just a little tight under there for a tap handle. Had to use an up end ignition wrench which didn't give me much leverage. I used a magnet and hopefully got all the metal fragments sucked out. I then cranked engine before installing EGT fitting to blow the rest of the trash out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode